“No flavor”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The least flavorful Chinese I've had. Disappointed. Ordered Sesame Chicken and Orange Chicken. They both just tasted like plain chicken.

1  Thank Josh B

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I were doing some errands and saw this place and decided to stop in. The employees were very friendly and kept asking us if we needed anything else. The chinese food was good along with hot tea and wonton soup. I would recommend this place for a good chinese meal.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My brother did some architecture work for the owners and recommended we try them for lunch while I was visiting. The owners greeted us at the door, and were very warm and friendly and showed us to a table overlooking the street. The interior itself is a mix of an old building charm (love the tin ceiling and wood floors) and a more contemporary cafe. It probably needs some updating, but was very clean and the furniture was in good shape. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful, and when I wanted soup in addition to an egg roll off the lunch menu, shoe did let me know that it would be extra (very little) and struck me as being sorry.

The food was good and an appropriate serving. I ordered the General's Chicken, medium spicy, an it was prepared well. The sauce was appropriate to the spicy request. They gave us a big bowl of rice to share, and there was plenty. I really liked the won ton soup, and while the egg roll was a little more cabbage than i like it had a good flavor.

Overall, it was a really good experience from the service to the food, and the price for both of us was less than $20. We probably got a little more attention, but I noticed that the owners did check on a number of the patrons and I like that in a restaurant experience.

Highly recommend for a nice, laid-back lunch.

1  Thank Dave A
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I wish I could keep this place to myself., but I noticed on my last visit that it is getting extremely popular. I have travelled all over Asia and this is truely authentic food. I couldn't believe how good it was and I am in my home state! Their noodle soup was just as good - if not slightly better than the soups I have had in Thailand, Cambodia and Burma.....all fresh and made to order! IT makes me what to go and travel some more!
I have had several dishes and have not once been disappointed. The servings are plentiful.
Truly yummy!

Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I have been visiting Hong Kong Cafe for several years and love it! We've tried countless dishes and never disappointed. They recently added outside seating and now it's even better. They should be rated higher on Trip advisor!