“Great Italian food & amazing old supper club vibe!”

Lombardino's Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Ave
Description: Lombardino"s Restaurant, a staple in Madison, WI since 1952, features a chef driven menu that changes with the seasons. With the 1950's Italian American kitschy decor, one will find excellent, simply made Italian food of the utmost quality in a comfortable neighborhood restaurant setting.
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great Italian food & amazing old supper club vibe!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Yum! My husband used to eat here years ago and wanted me to experience it. So glad that we did. From the outside to the minute you walk in the door, you feel like you have stepped back in time to an elegant but hip supper club. The bar is small and dimly lit - great 60's feel. The decor of the restaurant has the same supper club era feel. So cool.
Now for the food. The salads were the freshest tasting and most delicious I have had in a restaurant. The entrees were delicious - my husband had the pizza lombardino and it was piled with fresh arugula- delicious! I finished my meal with the budino (pudding) in a jelly jar. Fantastic and so creamy.
Don't miss Lombardinos - also very romantic!

• Visited July 2014

Neenah, Wisconsin
“More than just good food”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went to Lombardino's years ago as a student and went back this past weekend for a walk down memory lane. Much to my surprise, it was better than I remembered. Under new ownership it has become a neighborhood fixture, crowded with local diners even at early hours. And it has done this while retaining all the ambiance of an old Italian restaurant of the 1950s. In spite of the number of diners the service was prompt, attentive and efficient. Unlike the unctuous staff in big establishments, our waitress Kristen struck the perfect balance of friendliness and professionalism, smiling warmly but not intruding into our evening. When I ordered the cacio e pepe without sage, she assured me the kitchen would oblige me - and they did! The simple salad I ordered with it was light, refreshing and with just a touch of fennel. All delicious, as was the salted caramel ice cream I had for dessert (and my wife's chocolate budino). To top it off, I called to see if I left my credit card there and they were already set to mail it back to me. It's all about building relationships. That's why the place is packed!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank pja537
Madison, WI
“Great food and service, a bit pricey.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We had a large group and the service was spectacular. Never waited for a thing. Everyone loved their food. Of special note was the prosciutto and spring pea bruschetta, orecchiette With Fraboni’s sausage & rapini, and the pan-seared Walleye. Felt a bit pricey - but the food certainly was good.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Loved everything especially the specials! Nice homey atmosphere, varied menu, unpretentious. Simple recipe for success. Good food, done well, impeccable service.

Visited June 2014
Toms River, New Jersey
“Just OK for dinner”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

On a business trip with five people. We asked for suggestions and many people said Lombardino's was the place to go. Service was good, parking was tough, and the food was average as everyone in our party agreed. Sorry folks maybe it's cause we are east coast people but it was about the same a Olive Garden. Not that it's bad but just not WOW

Visited April 2014