“Great Overall Dining Experience”

Lombardino's Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highland Ave
Description: Lombardino"s Restaurant, a staple in Madison, WI since 1952, features a chef driven menu that changes with the seasons. With the 1950's Italian American kitschy decor, one will find excellent, simply made Italian food of the utmost quality in a comfortable neighborhood restaurant setting.
Madison, WI
“Great Overall Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2008

I am a bit surprised by the note of several reviews that the restaurant is dated. Yes, it is, but this is by design more than accident I imagine. Since having a tarnished reputation in decades past, Lombardino's is truly my favorite spot for a high-quality, delicous - and most importantly - unpretentious, meal in Madison. There is nothing I hate more than spending time trying to enjoy a meal and restaurant while I am sitting less than two fee away from another two couples busy discussing how successful their children are or an upcoming surgical procedure. The atmosphere here is romantic and inviting, and few table infringe upon one another. My first encounter with this restaurant was on a by-change Valentines Day meal in 2003 and ever since I have been hooked.

The restaurant, again while old and charming in decoration, is spotless. Check out the lack of dust even around the bottles in the bar, or the cleanliness of the men's room. Those are the kinds of details that you know translate over into the kitchen. For starters the Pear, Gorgonzola & Walnut salad is a great choice. For those looking for a unique and savory seafood meal, do not pass up the Tagliatelle con Pesce - just outstanding. Service at the table is usually reliable and service and freindliness at the bar is generally exempliary. This is a perfect place to have a conversation with a significant other or family and enjoy the food. The rotating menu always keeps it interesting as well. Certainly not a fad of the Madison dining scene and hopefully the experiene I've come to enjoy will remain for some time to come.

2 Thank SimonWI

Madison, WI
“Overrated”
Reviewed January 21, 2008

The food is good, not great. The atmosphere is fine but dated as previously mentioned. The servers are nice, but not of the caliber of a truly top class restaurant. The biggest problem: The prices.

The place has kind of a homey old family kitchen feel without the mom and pop prices. If I pay more the $20 for a plate of pasta I'd like to feel like I couldn't have whipped it up at home.

Nothing exciting here.

Madison
“We love Lombardino's”
Reviewed January 13, 2008

What to say, we love Lombardino's. We live less than a block away, and the area isn't a tourist destination (even though the Best Western Inn Towner is next door) it isn't scary or bad by any means. Mostly college students in this area. Anyways, Lombardino's is mighty tasty. We generally order their little pizzas which are creative and tasty. The menu changes each week which keeps it interesting. The staff is always very nice and accomodating. We really enjoy it. Oh, and my husband looooves the bread there.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I've been here once, thought it was okay. Heard a lot of conflicting info about it - along the lines of, the food is...”
Reviewed December 23, 2007

I've been here once, thought it was okay. Heard a lot of conflicting info about it - along the lines of, the food is awesome, the service is awful.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent Pizza Lombardino, Tuscan Rib eye was hands down the best steak I've ever had, Bolognese Ragu with Spaghetti...”
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Excellent Pizza Lombardino, Tuscan Rib eye was hands down the best steak I've ever had, Bolognese Ragu with Spaghetti is to die for!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook