“Masaman curry”

Bahn Thai Restaurant
Ranked #513 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

I'd come back for the masaman beef curry, had unique flavors of cinnamon and clove with traditional Thai heat. The pad Thai and fish dish were average. Spice was consistent with stars ordered.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a return visit after not having come to this restaurant in a couple of years. In the past, I loved the food and had very good service. We came on a Saturday night expecting to find the place doing good business. There was only one other table that was occupied when we arrived.
The service was fine, although the waitress just took the order with no bantering or additional information about the menu/food. The food remains good, though not as flavorful as on my previous visits. Good value. I feel they have slipped a bit in service and flavors. With all of the competition on Willy Street, they need to up the ante. I have always liked this restaurant and hope that they find their footing again.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Bahn Thai restaurant in Madison has been around for a long time (>20 years?) I have never heard anyone complain about the Vietnamese food

Reviewed July 22, 2010

Perhaps not the most authentic Thai food; however, they have wonderful crab rangoon. The staff isnt very welcoming or too friendly and it did take us a while to get our drink orders filled. However, the portions are enough for two meal and consistently flavorful and good.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 29, 2008

Rob & I ate here in May and we were not at all impressed. The staff was very slow (even though the place was empty), and the dishes didn't have very much flavor to them. We were very disappointed and because there are so many other great restaurants in Madison to choose from, we will not return to this place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook