“Great food but always bad service”
Review of Sa Bai Thong

Sa Bai Thong
Ranked #196 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Always amazing food. I have eaten here 30 times in the last five years and I keep noticing the prices go up a lot with the portions getting smaller. There is always consistently bad service.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Years ago this is where I first ate Thai food, and feel in love (with the food). After ordering takeout during a trip back in town, I noticed some of my old favorites are no longer on the menu. Having faith that everything they make is good, I ordered crab rangoon, and number 69, a green curry dish with nice large hunks of seafood, basil and veg, a tad sweet blending well with the spice of the curry. I was hoping for something with some kick, however, and was disappointed in that regard. Was also disappointed in the price to size proportion. Ah, well, it was nice to trip into a fond memory, and the people who work there are still as friendly as ever.

1  Thank DanStac
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Nice atmosphere, pleasant servers and authentic food. Try the ginger tea.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

The service is normally pretty decent. I have never had food I didn't like at Sa Bai. Prices have risen lately, and they were not inexpensive to start with. If prices rose much more, I'd think twice before going. But, definitely some of my favorite dishes are on the menu, and they are always done well.

Reviewed February 20, 2011

We loved this restaurant. Excellent quality and great service. The Pad Thai is outstanding. Loved the ginger tea