“HUGE Selection of Martinis!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Smoky's Club

Smoky's Club
Ranked #244 of 938 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Madison, Wisconsin
“HUGE Selection of Martinis!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Martini Bob has a collection that is unbeatable! Anything you can imagine for martinis and some you can't!! And don't forget their awesome food! Best steaks in Madison!!

Visited November 2012

Madison, WI
“Best Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I love Smokey's. The decor, service, hash browns, steak sizzling when you get it. A great experience.

Visited September 2012
Denver, CO
“High quality steaks, "interesting" decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

While visiting friends in Madison I asked for someplace with local color, so they took us to Smoky's. What to say about a place that has a lamp made out of a taxidermied blowfish in the entry? Well, the deep fried cheese curds were great and the steak was a very good piece of beef and cooked to the requested doneness (although it lacked char or any hint of smoke and so presumably isn't cooked over wood or charcoal.)

• 4 of 5 stars
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Where grandma and grandpa used to go.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Atmosphere was clean but dated. Menu also dated. Nothing modern. Average old-time Wisconsin supper club. Even salad dressings were limited...French, thousand island. No Windows in dining room. Just old/dull.

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
“Way Over Rated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I'd been wanting to go to Smokey's Club in Madison, Wisconsin for quite some time; ever since reading about it from an associate editor of a national publication extolling it's greatness . After his recommendation and purusing Smokey's web site and reading the glowing reveiws from their own site, I decided to take my wife there on our 41st wedding aniversary. We both were looking forward to a fantastic dinner. When they brought the steaks out on those very hot metal plates and the way they sizzle you practically salivate like Pavlov's dog. Well, what a disappointment. My steak, a New York cut and my wife's steak, a rib eye, were both the most tastless steaks we've ever eaten. We were completely flabergasted. I actually checked the web site and address again when I got home thinking I may have gone to the wrong Smokey's. Nope. Then I went back and looked at all the favorable reviews on their web site. Most were written in the 1990's. Apparently the quallity of their steaks has dimisished considerably. It wasn't that they tasted bad, they just had NO taste. All you were eating was bulk. They had the look and texture of steak but both steaks were absolutely tasteless. I salted mine three times and my wife would have loved to smoother hers with ketchup but was too reserved to do so thinking she would be insulting the restaurant. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank tbouk1

Been to Smoky's Club? Share your experiences!