“Great vegetarian choices at Monty's”

Monty's Blue Plate Diner
Ranked #15 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Monty's Blue Plate Diner serves breakfast all day, every day. Our menu features incredible burgers, sandwiches, salads, vegetarian and vegan selections. Our award-winning pies, cakes, cupcakes and cookies are made from scratch daily.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great vegetarian choices at Monty's”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I ate at Monty's Blue Plate Diner twice while visiting family in Madison. As two of us are vegetarians, we really appreciated the many vegetarian choices on the menu. I especially enjoyed the walnut burger, which I ate minus the bun, and paired with the yummy mashed potatoes and broccoli - excellent! The meat eaters in our group were equally happy - my elderly mother loved her pot roast dinner (just like her mother used to make, she said). The atmosphere is fun, and the wait staff were all super friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to returning the next time I'm in Madison.

Visited June 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“Really good mix of menu choices - good food!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Always a steady eddie....one of the most distinct diner menus you'll find anywhere with a good selection of hearty, traditional to vegetarian and vegan options, features local products. Can get a bit crowded so be ready to wait occasionally, but generally less than 15-20 min waits. Awesome malts and excellent pies and desserts.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank nunuthedog
Austin, Texas
“Can't wait to return”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This place was a wonderful discovery--the menu was well-chosen and the entrees were highly seasoned (the rosemary in the chicken in a pie was pronounced) and delicious. Of course, the desserts are the big draw here and it was really tough to make a choice--but the key lime pie was wonderful.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MLyndaO
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellence!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Monty'sBlue Plate Diner does everything right. My wife and I ate there earlier this month. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. The food was excellent, much of it from their own gardens or locally sourced. I had an artichoke sandwich which was wonderful. I strongly recommend a trip there.

Visited May 2013
Fremont, California
“A real diner experience”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We really like diners. Especially those with Mediterranean plates.The smell of excellent coffee started out the experience right.

The wait was super attentive! Thy blue accoutrements of the blue plate diner made experience complete. They had just enough neon to make me very happy!

• Visited May 2013