“Try something new”

Marrakesh Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Allen Blvd.
Transit: Bus 70, 72, 8
Edgerton, Wisconsin
“Try something new”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife and I were looking for something new. Instead of the same old chain restaurants and steak houses that plague the Madison eating experience. The server was extremely helpful on selecting food and the food was excellent. I advise trying all the appetizers and the Chicken Bastilla was wonderful. If you are looking for a large filling meal I recommend the Couscous. I highly recommend the Moroccan Mint tea.

• Visited June 2014

“Best food in town”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Feasting at Marrakech restaurant was wonderful and it was a magical experience, really felt like I was in Morocco. They have great tagines, and all of their stuff is great. I recommend this restaurant to everyone!!

• Visited June 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good mea”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I ordered a couple of appetizers to serve as a light dinner. The hummus and zaaluk were good, though the mohamara didn't grab us as much as other places we've ordered it. The service seemed to be hit or miss. While very pleasant, our server disappeared about halfway through the meal, and another server ended up stepping in.

Visited May 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Moroccan cuisine”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

When authentic recipes from a far away country are combined with beautiful decor and a very warm welcome every time you visit, you feel the need to return again and again. The Marrakesh is just the restaurant to fill the bill. There is a chicken tangine dish that is my husband's favorite and repeats ordering it, but I like to try a variety. Fish and lamb have been my choices. The lamb was very tender and tasty and the fish was a special for the day and very worth ordering. They have wonderful choices of wines and some very good Moroccan ones. Prices and generous helpings are a plus and the service was great.

• Visited May 2014
“A new regular”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Last week, my friend and went to Marrakesh for dinner. We walked in just minutes after they opened. We were greeted and seated in what I considered very cozy corner of the restaurant on the right from the entrance, and by the back wall. I instantly got that relaxing ambiance, so much needed after a long day at work. The décor is warm, very nice and inviting; quite different from the unappealing outside, so don’t let this scare you away.
My lamb kabobs, and my friend’s beef tagine were very good – we both agreed on that. We also had mohamara and that really hit the spot! The wine, the baklava was tasty too. I ended up boxing some of the food and took it home. My husband, who generally is not into lamb meat, ate one of my kabobs and really liked it too. I am ready to go back and try other items on the menu 
Hajiba (I am sorry if I misspelled your name) greeted us and was also our waitress. She is an ever smiling chatter box –not the broken record one, just friendly and was going out of her way to content us. It was a real pleasure to talk to her, I enjoyed that very much.
This is not the revolving door, feeding trough type of a place, where your bill is slapped on the table before you are done eating. At Marrakesh you are encouraged to slow down and take your time, enjoy the food and company. I also enjoyed the fact that the owners do take time to talk to you. It is people oriented place and it is true; service is not as fast as some might wish. I see it as a big positive, it is focused on quality not quantity, Please don't change! I am adding Marrakesh to the list of my regular restaurants in Madison.

• Visited May 2014