“Even when it's the only option, I struggle to go.”
Review of Urban Slice

Urban Slice
Ranked #722 of 1,096 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Urban slice is the Stephen Baldwin of campus run restaurants on campus. The only time you should ever get a slice of "pizza" is when all other restaurants in the area are closed. These greasy triangles with cardboard quality dough make you question what happened in your life that made you end up trying to enjoy this slap in the face to pizza. I always say "this is the last time I eat here", but I know I will end up being there once more, struggling to suck down a slice. Shoutout to the university for the comfortable seating, because I'm going to be here awhile rethinking my life.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank MaxsenB
Wisconsin_Union, Public Relations Manager at Urban Slice, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Do you believe in second chances? We're starting over with our crust recipe. We heard from you and many others that improvement had to be made. We're working on it. Stay tuned...

Reviewed July 13, 2016

It's a no from me. This pizza would maybe be good if you were literally starving. But otherwise probably not. Please walk 30 steps to Ginger Root and you will be much happier!

Date of visit: June 2016
Wisconsin_Union, Public Relations Manager at Urban Slice, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2016

Hi, Sara,

We're working on our crust recipe and hope to debut a new and improved Urban Slice pizza this fall.

We hope you'll stop by and give Urban Slice another try.

Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed February 8, 2016

A good place to enjoy the student setting and good student food with some entertainment on occasion and close proximity to the campus

Date of visit: October 2015

Thanks, Mike! Stop by again soon!

If you have any suggestions for improvement, please feel free to email us at union@union.wisc.edu.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of pizza. I might have pizza once or twice a year if the mood hits me. Usually my husband would ask me if we could get pizza for dinner and I would say no. After my husband and I moved from New York to Madison, Wisconsin, I was curious to try the pizza here and hated it. I wasn't expecting to find New York style pizza here, but would have been satisfied if we had found a place that was at least similar so that I could have pizza during the rare times that the mood for pizza would hit. I only tried Urban Slice because we were at Union South and had to eat lunch quickly. My husband wanted to try Urban Slice and, not knowing what other food places there are at Union South, I agreed to try it. I was impressed by the look of the pizza but even more impressed by the taste. It is not only New York style, but BETTER than a lot of the New York pizzerias I had been to. It actually made me a fan of pizza! There was a wonderful combination of cheese and sauce. The sausage on my pizza was delicious. I found that the tables had turned after that - I started asking my husband if we could go get pizza. I did not want to write this review because I was afraid of Urban Slice getting more customers, meaning longer wait times when I go there, but the pizza there is just too good to keep silent about.

Date of visit: October 2012
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of eating at Urban Slice during a recent trip to Madison. We were both born and raised in New York so we know a little bit about authentic New York Style pizza and Urban Slice did not disappoint!

Not only was this the best pizza that we have ever had outside of New York but it was one of the best pizza that we have ever had period! My wife is not a big pizza lover and she loved this pizza. The pizza is thin crusted with just the right amount of spices in the sauce and just the right amount of mozzarella cheese. In addition the meatball toping that we ordered was delicious. It was not just ground beef but a real Italian meatball topping.

We are moving to Madison soon and this will be our regular pizza place. If you value the opinion of two New Yorkers on good New York Pizza then don’t just walk here for their pizza…RUN!!!

Date of visit: October 2012