“OMG this food was GREAT!!!”
Review of Forequarter

Forequarter
Ranked #96 of 997 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Eden Prairie, MN
“OMG this food was GREAT!!!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were in Madison last week and chose to dine at Forequarter from the excellent reviews on TA. What a treat! We shared a starter of their homemade braunschweiger on buttered toast with caramelized onion jam, mustard & radish then we shared the pan roasted quail with sweet potato, vadouvan, curry leaf pudding & apple and the pork porterhouse with potato gratin. The food was fresh, creative and tasted wonderful!
I decided that I should contribute a review because I am still thinking about the meal and savoring it. I even searched for recipes for the cadouvan and curry leaf pudding. It was so good and you must go try it.

Well done Forequarter, we will be back whenever we are in Madison.

• Visited April 2014

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“If in Madison WI...”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

If you ever have the opportunity to get to Madison WI this restaurant is one that should be on the top of your list for dinner. A small quaint place that serves fantastic food and beverages. We loved their cheese boards (two types to choose) as well as their sausage boards (again two types) as well as their entrees. Everything is homemade from fresh and local ingredients. This is a small place and doesn't take reservations. The quantity and quality of everything is great. Hope you enjoy the experience as much as we did!

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Amazing food”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I've only been to Forequarter once, but that experience was one of the best meals I've ever had the pleasure of eating. Unfortunately, the restaurant was incredibly loud. We sat at the bar, and had to speak directly into each other's ears to be heard. The wine selection was wonderful and, again, the food was spectacular. The cured meats and wonderful cheeses! I would come back, but try for perhaps a weeknight with the hope I could hear my companions without having to make them speak directly in my ear.

• Visited April 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Check it out!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great eclectic menu with tasty n/a drinks. The daily hit meat platter is a must try! Can't wait to take some friends!

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent choice anywhere”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

These people are very serious about food. Creative. Fresh ingredients. Good cocktails, too, if you don't mind forgoing your usual Tanqueray or Dewars for spirits chosen from new and unusual places. I've visited three times and they did not fail. Popular destination for knowledgable locals, so reserve ahead if you are planning a meal at the busy hours.

• Visited January 2014

Been to Forequarter? Share your experiences!