“So-so” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dragon I

Dragon I
Ranked #486 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Onalaska
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in on a Saturday night. The place was fairly crowded with a diverse population. Usually a good sign for an Asian restaurant. The service was good. The food was fair. Large servings, plenty of meat and veggies- just not the highest quality stuff. Very kid-friendly faire. (Read: not a lot of flavor).

Pensacola, Florida
“Tasty food, service not up to standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I heard that the chef for Dragon I is a Cantonese chef so I decided to stop by and try out Dragon-I as I am Cantonese. I really like what I've had so far. The food is always served hot and in big portions. I enjoy the gan chao niu he (noodles sauteed with soy sauce and beef) so I came back and tried the Vietnamese pho (number 9, the one with everything in it) and it was actually quite a good pho for the chef not being from Vietnam. My boyfriend had the orange chicken (which is admittedly not real Chinese food) but it was still served hot and tasty and you can tell it was cooked in a wok. I think the next time I go back I'll try the curries. As for the service, it is a bit lacking. The servers are not as friendly as I would like them to be. They seem a bit reluctant and cold. They performed their jobs but they don't seem very happy to do so.

• Visited October 2013
madison, WI
“Just what I needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stopped by for a quick meal and sat in the front window watching State Street. Service was quick and my Rice Stick Noodles Sauteed with Meat was hot and tasty. I liked the atmosphere - casual but tablecloths. This spot is owned by Raymond Sze, a local restaurateur who also operates Nam’s Noodle on Regent Street, another spot I like. I hope they work out the issues here, it's a nice addition to the neighborhood.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Madison, Wisconsin
“Think this will fail”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I knew we should have left when we asked about the 'dragon wings' and the server in headlights said...yes..."we should ask the Asian guy". That really happened.

I'm not going to go on here about a bad experience from start to finish. I really believe the server had more buzz than I did and how fried rice could be served looking like ...that?

STEER CLEAR!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank madaneson
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Bad Service - Not great food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stopped in at around 1pm on a weekday. At the time there were 4 tables and two servers. I sat myself and waited about 5 minutes for a menu. I ordered a thai iced tea and pad thai. it took nearly 20 minutes to get my food (there was a 6-top ahead of me). My Pad Thai was greasy and the veggies were very chewy. There was hardly any chicken in my dish. I would have said something but nobody came by to check to see how my food was. After 25 minutes, I summoned my server and asked for my check. That took another 5 minutes. She never even asked how things were. Very dissapointed - will not go back.

• Visited January 2013