“great local establishment”

Christy's Landing
Ranked #391 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 17, 2013

they have a great fish fry- I love the weekend breakfast
it's a wonderful place on lake waubsea in the summer and even in the winter.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I tried this restaurant as part of a double date with two people who had not been there in twenty years. Both of them commented on the fact that it looked like the place had not been cleaned since then. I touched the handrail once on my way up the stairs to our table, that was enough for me. Our view was wonderful, but the prices reflected on their website were way out of date. The four of us paid way over twenty dollars more than we had expected. In addition, the bathrooms were nasty and it made us wonder what the kitchen looked like. Our wait staff was not familiar with the offerings and although the place could be really nice, the food was average and priced far higher than what their website advertizes.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the second visit to Christy's for my wife and me. The view is very nice with outdoor options during nice weather. This is one of the few places to have lake view around Madison. Also reachable by boat. The food is nothing to dream about. I've had better at almost any fast food restaurant. I ordered a cod sandwich that was almost lost in the bun. Service was slow to nonexistent. Score 1 for the food/service, 5 for the view.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a late lunch at Christy's Landing. The service was very good and we sat outside at an umbrella table to enjoy the Lake Waubesa view. I had walleye sandwich and my wife had the black bean veggie burger. Both of these were very good and we enjoyed the warm summer afternoon with customers of all ages. Overall it was a very nice experience and we will keep it on our favorite Madison lakeside restaurant list.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We arrived at 7 pm on a Friday, decided to sit outside on the waterfront deck for our expected 1-1/2 hour wait. We were surprised at the wait, as it didn't seem that busy, but the weather was nice, so we had a couple of drinks while people watching. At the 1-1/2 hour mark went in to ask how much longer, were shocked to see how empty the restaurant was, and after hunting down the host, he said he was "just getting ready" to seat us. I don't think they would have come looking for us. There were two large tables of people who had already finished their meal, and a table of 4 people in the dining room.
Short wait for the waitress. Order placed, got our salads (no bread offered) and then we waited, and waited and waited. At the 40 minute mark after ordering, the waitress (who had not come back after delivering the salads) noticed us looking around, and came to the table. When we remarked on how long the wait had been, she said,"didn't they tell you the wait would be an hour for your food?" After another 20 minutes I went to find a manager, and asked the bartender, who ignored me completely. I found the host, coming out of the kitchen, and asked him what was going on, and he said, he was sorry, they "were just catching up" (from what? The restaurant was almost empty!)
5 more minutes of waiting and we just got up and left. No one noticed we were leaving- the attention fom staff was so poor.
In short,1 mediocre salad later, we cannot recommend this place, and will never go back.