“Gourmet away!”

Madison Eats Food Tours
Ranked #2 of 9 Food & Drink in Madison
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy a culinary experience through Madison, WI’s most unique and diverse foodie neighborhoods. Enjoy generous and delicious samples from favorite locally owned restaurants. Discover historic buildings, one-of-a-kind shops and meet chefs and producers! These tours are a fun and delicious way to discover Wisconsin’s capital city.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I can highly recommend this World of Flavors Food Tour as a way to get to know the local restaurant owners and the food they prepare. Many owners spent quality time with us so it was very informative. We visited a high quality bakery and five restaurants. Otehlia was a delight and kept the owners aware of when we would arrive at each place and how much to serve. The tour is several hours and it was an easy walk between restaurants. Samples included interesting salads, spring rolls, Thai and Indonesian food (not spicy), buckwheat crepes with salmon, cold soup, crepes suzette, lavender crème brulee and baklava. We look forward to taking the other (Atwood Ave.) tour !

1  Thank c-legs
"walking food tour"
in 5 reviews
"perfect afternoon"
in 2 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 5 reviews
"fun event"
"learned a great deal"
"great tour"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This way an excellent way to spend a few hours even for a long-time Madison resident who knows the neighborhood. The company was excellent, the food was delicious and the tour guide knowledgeable and professional. I took the Atwood tour and visited places I knew about and places I did not. We were served several sample dishes at each of the seven stops. My particular favorite on this tour was Stalzy's Deli, a new addition to the Atwood restaurant scene. Since I can never decide which of Madison's many fine restaurants to take an out of town visitor, next time I will just sign us all up for one of Otehlia's tours.

1  Thank Kathryn815
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I've lived in Madison for more than 6 years and I though that I'd seen (or eaten!) it all. Through this tour I gained new insights on the eastside neighborhood--from the history of its local businesses to up-and-coming restaurants. The food and beverage samples were brilliant and well worth the investment. I had so much fun!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I just took the World of Flavors Food Tour of Atwood Avenue in Madison. If you are a tourist this is an excellent way to get to know a unique neighborhood just outside the downtown area that supports local agriculture and small independent restaurants and stores. We made 7 stops for amazing food including a freshly baked bialy with smoked salmon, lentil soup and a Meditteranean platter, quiche made with artisan cheese and amazing bacon, homemade chocolates made by famous Gail Ambrosius. It was fun and very filling. Otehlia has a wonderful way of mixing education and her passion for foods. You can't go wrong. Can't wait to try one of the other tours. I live in Madison, but learned a great deal about the neighborhood.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I took my significant other along with me on a walking Food Tour of Williamson Street, Madison, WI, with A World of Flavors as a surprise treat for the both of us. We had such a great time eating our way from Mickey's to Bon Appetit Cafe, getting to meet the other folks on the tour and even learning some of the lesser-known history of the area. I highly recommend the World of Flavors Food Tour! The tour leader is knowledgable, personable and fun and the tours can satisfy just about anyone's palate - for adventure and flavor!