“college tour at Wisconsin”

University of Wisconsin - Madison
Ranked #12 of 103 things to do in Madison
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We toured the University, starting at the fantastic Union South, and heading all around campus. Union South is open to the public, and is worth visiting, even if you don't have a kid looking here. It is a real showcase, and was an attraction for my son as he prepares to make his college decisions.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love this University. I'm currently a student here and am so glad I decided to go to UW Madison. The education here is top notch, the campus is gorgeous, the facilities and opportunities that are available to me are plentiful. But the thing that makes me so proud to be a Badger are the people here. I've traveled all over the world and lived in several cities but the people I've met in the Mid West and the students that attend Madison are some of the best people I've met in my life. They have truly made me feel welcome and made my experience at this university even more wonderful.

For people who are thinking of touring this campus, you must visit Bascom Hill, Memorial Union (and Lakeshore path), Babcock Dairy Hall, Wisconsin Historical Society, Union South, the Wisconsin Institute for Discovery and Camp Randall to name a few. There are also free campus tours organized by the University.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The campus is quite big and parking is definitely an issue. When we first arrived at the university (our first time visiting) we headed to a parking lot designated by the website, but quickly found out that there was no more room. Upon reaching our second parking lot, I was told all the parking lots are filled and I would need to find street parking. I finally found a street meter and parked my car there. As for the university, it is a beautiful campus with buildings that are both around busy streets, as well as quiet quad-like grassy areas. I would say it takes about 15 to 20 minutes to reach the farthest corners of the university so very walkable. On the day we visited, it was 10 degrees with relatively high winds. Our tour was 100 minutes and we were very, very cold by the end of it. When the wind blows it felt close to zero degrees easily. As we approached the lake it was even colder (if that could be possible). What amazed me is that many of the students were simply wearing sweatshirts (you must get use to it). In any case, the students seemed quite content and I'm sure it is a very enjoyable university to attend, but if you have a choice, choose spring or fall to visit!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

First time at UW. Gorgeous views of the lake. Older, eclectic neighborhoods. But winter is cold!! Loved the scenery and sense that this is an old campus with classic building. Didn't,like the harsh winter weather.

1  Thank GOBEAVS96
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The UW Madison is one of the most beautiful campus's I've ever seen. Many old buildings, a clock tower that's over 100 years old, a beautiful lake and great woodsy trails.