“Disappointing”

Add it.
Barrymore Theatre
Ranked #47 of 97 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular entertainment venue for live concerts and performances throughout the year.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

It's such a cool old theater and I wish I could give it a better rating. We were standing by the stage waiting for almost an hour for the show to start. I understand security is a concern at these events, however there was certainly no need for the blonde female security guard to be shoving her way through an already packed crowd looking for people recording video. After the show we were waiting for a cab in the lobby we were told by security that we would have to wait outside if it didn't arrive soon. Thankfully the cab arrived. In the summer who cares but it's February in Wisconsin. On an upside the show was very good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Greg Y

Piqua
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Classic Nouveau-Hip Theater”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

We attended the 47th Annual Madfest Juggling Extravaganza Show at the Barrymore and enjoyed the theater nearly as much as the show. The theater is one of those really cool old-style venues that have been re-done but not exactly restored in a multi gazillion dollar manner. It has a funky sort of feel that works perfectly in Madison. Quite frankly, it really reminds me of the places that were around in my college days in the late 60's and early 70's. From the look of things inside, I'd guess that it is used often for music shows and I'm sure that it would be great for that. I hope that I can make it back to Madison and return to The Barrymore for another show or two...it definitely reminds me of more youthful days.

Visited January 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Old School Charm”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Saw a show here for the first time late last year and I can't wait to go back! Old school charm meets modern rockstar status! The diversity of people blended with an old building just added to the great atmosphere. Loved how close and intimate we were able to get with the band. Can't wait to go back!

Visited December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Barrymore”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Barrymore theatre is an old, beautiful building that presents special events and concerts. Known for having people and events that are not really mainstream.

Madison, Wi
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Decent venue for shows”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Not a 5-star venue but if you want a rockin good time then the Barrymore is for you. An eclectic show list - Folkies to metal to classic rock and some great comedians. Lots of local dining and bars right there so you can make a nite of it and not break the bank