“Comfy and clean”

Ranked #22 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Edina, Minnesota
“Comfy and clean”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Clean newer property on Madison's east side with big rooms and great pillows (5) on each of the two queen beds in our room.

The furnishings are new and stylish and they have a large well appointed lobby where their "cafe" is open in the evenings at 5 so you can buy a drink or get something to eat. They also offer breakfast (not included in the room rate).

We stayed in 415-on the top floor and booked the room the same day (don't try this on football weekends!). I don't think it was a very full house so things were on the quiet side which was nice after a long harrowing day driving in the snow.

Bathroom features a shower tub and stool in a larger space. Sink is located outside bathroom door in the room. Room also featured a small refrigerator and a work desk.

All in all a comfy spot to spend the night.

Room Tip: Its always quietest on the top floor - #4 in this case
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank JimRiesterer
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Greetings Jim,

Please let us know if you have any other comments. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to see you next time you visit Madison.

Greg Opgenorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Texas
Reviewed January 1, 2014

After living in Chicago for 5 years, the husband and I finally ventured to Madison for a weekend getaway. We chose the Marriott, as we're reward members, and I have to say that I was very pleased with our stay. It is a beautiful and inexpensive hotel with a great bar (which we took advantage of our second night there). The room itself was very clean, the bed was comfy, and there was a nice swivel flat screen. My only qualm is that it was difficult to get the temperature to a nice, comfy level. When we first walked in the room, it was freezing. We had to turn up the temperature to 88 degrees to get it to warm up quickly. Besides this issue, I still recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christi C
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Greetings Christi,
Thank you for your recent stay while visiting Madison; we also appreciate the valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room. We have an energy efficent system to conserve energy while the room is vacant but the room heats up quickly once it is occupied as you experienced.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Booked the Marriott Courtyard East as a home base to meet my sister who was flying into Madison and for me who was driving from Western Wisconsin. We were staying in Madison for a state choir event. My sister was able to take the shuttle to the hotel, check in and enjoy the bistro and conversation with the staff until I was able to arrive. Upon my arrival and after diner, I also was able to enjoy the same friendliness from the staff at the bistro. The following morning, I picked up breakfast for my daughter an I at the restaurant and found it to be good. The room was spacious, clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was so friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Madison.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you Andy for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service. I am glad to hear your party was able to use our complimentary shuttle and our Bistro service.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 608-661-8100 or by email at gopgenorth@ncghotels.com.
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed December 6, 2013

the people at the hotel are so very nice, Kayla, Lisa, Crystal, etc. You are all awesome!

I've stayed at this hotel over the past several months on a weekly basis and every time that I visit the hotel, they know me by name and room preference. My only disappointment is that they stopped serving coffee in the morning a number of months ago. While that's a bummer deal, everything else about the hotel is very nice! There are a number of restaurants that are within walking distance and the hotel people will oftentimes give you coupons to one of the local restaurants. I definitely recommend this hotel to others as you're looking for a place to stay for business or personal!

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service. As you have seen over the last several months, we have a great team who take care of our guests. While the Courtyard brand has shifted away from complimentary coffee, I hope you have had the chance to enjoy our on-site Starbucks.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stopped here after driving 6 hours through rain and snow. It was close to 10:30 at night by the time we arrived. Check in was fast -and the desk clerk was super nice. The room was a spacious corner room. It had great decor and was nice and clean. Even though the hotel is right off the interstate, once I turned the fan on I couldn't hear anything. Left early in the morning so didn't eat anything there but did pick up coffee and it was good. The hotel is right off the interstate, so it is easy to get to. I would stay here again. I used points to pay for the room so I can't comment on the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service and a clean room. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy Starbucks in our lobby and appreciate the convenient location.

Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed for one night at the Marriot Courtyard on Nov 1, 2013. I made my reservation a couple of weeks ahead of time since I was scheduled to have LASIK that day next door at TLC Vision. The hotel is literally next door, so convenient! I did phone beforehand a few times to see if I coudl get any early check in (since I did not know when my surgery was scheduled time-wise until a few days before, and you are instructed to sleep immediately after for 3 to 4 hours). The were very kind and receptive to my situation and told me to call the morning of and they would check for me.

We phoned on the way into Madison and also requested a ground floor room and they provided that along with the early check in. Check in was quick, easy and friendly.

The lobby is stylish and comfortable with a 24 hour snack/beverage center and food. Also, ibuprofen at their little snack shop next to the desk---in case I needed it! That evening we did go down to the bar for a glass of wine, or two (celebrate! I could see!!). the wine was a bit high priced, but not out of line for a hotel IMHO. We chatted with the bartender, she was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the selection of food on the menu but decided to do take out as we were thinking along the asian line. The bartender was able to get us a couple of menus to choose from. We also used the free shuttle to run and get a few things that night and the driver was great!

The room was very clean and comfortable, very spacious and the bed was great.

I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service, quality Bistro for breakfast and dinner and a clean room. I am happy to hear that we were able to accomodate your requests of early checkin and first floor. These requests are never too much to ask for.

Minnesota
Reviewed November 3, 2013

After a long cross country trip we were so relieved to have checked in at such a lovely clean hotel.
The check-in person was very thorough and friendly as well. Our room for three had two queen beds and a balcony-- perfection from cleanliness to comfort. Although no breakfast is included in the room rate, there is an onsite bistro available for food and drinks, as well as a large area of substantial snacks to purchase adjacent to the lobby.

We had one problem--a noise disturbance which kept us awake on and off all night. It was a high-pitched sound that we heard intermittently which seemed to come form the heater. On departing the next day, I reported the issue to the manager To my surprise, she stated that they have a 100% guarantee for room satisfaction and she made a generous adjustment to our room rate. I was very impressed by the gracious attitude of the manager and I would certainly return to this Marriott in the future because of the excellent service of the staff and the quality of the hotel.

Room Tip: You may ask for a room with a balcony. There is no extra charge.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wendy M
gopgenorth, Owner at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department with friendly service, quality breakfast in our Bistro and a clean room. I apologize that you encounted a noise disturbance from other guest but am happy to hear that our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee was used to to make you completely satisfied.