“Somewhat expensive for quick business stay”

Courtyard Madison East
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed here several nights over a few months of heavy travel to the area. It was selected by "the boss" so didn't have the choice to stay elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, it is very nice place. It has a large lobby area with handy printer for printing boarding passes in the morning. Free house coffee in the lobby along with USA Today paper. Has a small pool and workout facility on the ground floor. At check-in (around 6pm) free Otis Spunkmeyer cookies were available. The one thing I did not like about it, and would not like about it if traveling personally with family, is their breakfast selection. They have a few choices that range in price from 6-12 bucks. It costs! I like the breakfast included at Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Rooms are typical Marriott. Pretty fancy with clean sheets, cable TV, free wi-fi, nice bathrooms, and full furniture in the rooms. Kind of over the top when only staying one night and don't get there until 7-8pm and leave in the morning at 7am.

It is an average Marriott property - pretty fancy, but too much for me when not sleeping in the hotel for only a few hours.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to see you experienced a clean room and enjoyed the hotel although it was a brief visit. I understand your concerns with breakfast as the Bistro is a new concept that Marirott is implementing in all Courtyards. We hope you were able to enjoy the fresh food made to order.

Thank you again for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 608-661-8100 or by email at gopgenorth@ncghotels.com.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Our overnight family stay was very relaxing. We enjoyed an immaculate, very comfortable room decorated in fun modern decor and colors. The front desk supplied us a tiny-sized screwdriver that saved the day for us, and again offered excellent service after we departed and had traveled several hours when we realized my husband's cell phone was missing. I called his phone, someone at the front desk had it, answered it, and they were able to get it back to us- great service!!! We are grateful! The only negative was too much chlorine in the pool for our son who is sensitive to that,( although that didn't stop him from wanting to swim again in the morning!) Overall, it was a great place to stay and enjoy good food and family time. We would definitely stay HERE again the next time we are in Madison!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department as you found out. I'm glad we were able to help you with the screwdriver and send your phone back. We looked into our pool sensors and they are operational.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Overnight stay was great at this hotel. Numerous amenities including breakfast and happy hour made our stay really enjoyable. Clean, comfortable place with super friendly and accomodating staff make this hotel one we will definitely revisit.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the "fantastic" feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department. I am glad you were able to use our amenities such and breakfast and happy hour.

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for four nights at the Courtyard. This is not my usual hotel in Madison but due to pricing I had to go elsewhere. This courtyard is of the newer design featuring the business-traveler-friendly lobby for eating/relaxing as well as the fall-color rooms. Everything was modern and functioning. The sink space is a bit small for toiletries/make up but not awful. The Internet was fast and easy to use. Staff was friendly and professional. Plenty of parking at multiple entrances allows easy access to the building. My only complaint is that this hotel was further from campus and driving to campus was a bit involved and slow. Other than that, it was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Peekie45

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm happy to hear you received great service and enjoyed the new Courtyard design. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

The beds, room and bathroom were all immaculate, Naomi in the bistro was spot on for all my beverages and the meal prepared by her was fantastic as well, Will be recommending my associates stay at the Courtyard Marriott!

1  Thank midwest161
gopgenorth, Manager at Courtyard Madison East, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department, as you found out Naomi is great.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

You are probably wondering why I named this review 'sweet aroma', however, its the first thing I noticed upon walking in my room. Its not too often that I encounter a hotel room that smells like Yankee Candle or Bath & Body Works. Yes, my room smelled that good...so good that I tried to track down the source of the scent.

This is a Very nice Courtyard and. The lobby's design is modern and inviting. The rooms decor is accented in warm tones and is nicely appointed with all of the amenities that you would expect at a Courtyard. The service was exceptional; from my pick up from the airport by the Courtyard shuttle to check out and drop off back to the airport.

The bistro's offering were quite tasty. I was nice having access to dinner and a full bar without having to leave the property. The pool, whirlpool, and fitness center were also nicely done.

I do not hesitate in recommending this hotel and will be staying again when I return to the area.

1  Thank 5daygetaway

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department throught the entire stay. Sometimes it is the little things like smell that help create quality stay. I am delighted to know you were able to use and enjoy so many of our amenities like the Bistro, bar, pool, etc.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Overall I had a great stay here. Reasonably priced, great located across the highway away from the "hustle and bustle" of downtown Madison. Had a great evening at the Bistro; our bartender Naomi was top notch, good conversation, and easy on the eyes. I will definitely be coming back on my next trip to Madison.

1  Thank Daniel M

Thank you for the positive feedback. We take pride at Courtyard Madison East in delivering exceptional service in every department. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the Bistro and the service from Naomi.