“Warm, friendly staff made my stay an enjoyable one.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Madison East

Courtyard Madison East
Ranked #22 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Singapore, Singapore
“Warm, friendly staff made my stay an enjoyable one.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard @ Madison East for 11 nights for business. It was my first time at this hotel, and I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms & the good service and hospitality of the staff.

There are many good restaurants located close to the hotel, so you will be spoilt for choices for your dinner options- many of these restaurants offer deliveries to the hotel. The hotel also provides free shuttle services within the 5-mile radius.

You can help yourself to the complimentary coffee and tea from the hotel lobby- located just behind a large Interactive TV screen that provides info such as the local weather reports, and many other stuffs.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have an enjoyable stay in Madison! And I would like to thank Angie from the reception, who was ever so kind and helpful in arranging my hotel shuttle trips to work and restaurants, and giving me advice as to what I can have for my dinner(s). Margaret, who serves up breakfasts, never fails to brighten up my day with her sunny smiles.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Debbie_sun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Williston, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Rooms were updated recently and were asthetically pleasing. I always check the bathrooms for cleanliness and our room came out spotless (the shower even had a shine). If you forgot your shampoo they had quality Paul Mitchell samples to use.
The pool area was also clean and quiet.
The service was excellent.
My only note is that the hotel is right on the interstate, I bring ear plugs where ever I go so I didn't have to listen to the road noise but my husband had a bit of an issue sleeping do to all of the freeway activity. Recommend asking for a room that isn't facing the interstate.
Over all my husband and I enjoyed our quiet time and I would recommend this hotel for couples and business travel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the freeway...Our room was noisy due to freeway activity.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ellen b
Sussex, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were in Madison for a UW hockey game and enjoyed our overnight stay under a special weekend package rate. The front staff person was very kind and helpful at our check-in, even coming out from behind the counter to present us our room key cards, etc. The lobby was very spacious, welcoming and featured a large business center and interactive video screen to help customers with things going on in Madison. The architecture of our room made it seem very relaxing, plus it was quite clean. It was also extremely quiet, making for a good night sleep. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any kind of stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dbutler385
Marinette, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My usual hotel was booked so I tried this one. Location is good right off hwy 151, outside is well kept and clean, the people at the desk were wonderful, very friendly, price / corporate rate is in line with the other hotels in that area. Rooms were very clean and beds were excellent. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay there, if my usual hotel is booked in the future this will be my first option.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Vach
Wayne, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

By way of background, I spend 75+ nights/year in hotels for work and pleasure. This is one of the best run properties I've ever stayed in, and as a result was the only place I will stay in Madison and one of the best Courtyards I've ever experienced. The entire staff - front desk, maintenence, housekeeping, restaurant professionals, landscapers- treat this property as if they own it themselves. Exceptionally clean rooms and common areas; friendly and professional staff. If there was ever an issue during my 10-12 stays (think about your own home and your occasionally quirky internet), the issue was addressed quickly and was followed up on to see if the issue was fixed properly. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott B
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We were in Madison for a U.Wisconsin football game so the property was full for the weekend. Excellent helpful front desk staff, with clean and well-maintained rooms and lobby. The exercise room, and swimming area also were well maintained. The exercise room could use more cardio equipment, but for the size of the room, the provided machines were adequate. The price was a bit steep, particularly considering the price the local Sheraton was promoting.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Abigailadamsn00
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I travel frequently for work and this hotel has their act together=> clean, updated, excellent location, over the top friendly staff, furniture/fixtures, maintenance, exercise room clean, and great tech friendly lobby.

Room Tip: ask for balcony room facing the city
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple