“Eh.”

Ranked #21 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Kansas
“Eh.”
Reviewed October 28, 2007

The room was gorgeous. Friendly front desk staff. Location was ok, it's a little tricky to find.

Honestly, I don't think I'd stay here again. It seemed like the walls were very thin. I could hear the people talking in the room above me, the people in the hall outside, the people next door watching TV. And truly, this is not something that usually catches my attention at a hotel, I'm very easy to please.

Even though I had my Do Not Disturb sign up, Housekeeping knocked on my door 5 minutes before my alarm went off. I understand that they need to get the rooms cleaned for the next guests, but it was before 9 am and I still had 3 hours before checkout.

I'm also not too keen on hotels that auto charge for the newspaper -- where you have to decline in order to avoid being charged. I don't read USA Today.

I missed staying at a place with a free breakfast.

I tried to fill out the survey card in the room, but it had already been completed by a prior guest, who was also none too happy. I'm sure she'd be less thrilled to know that I was able to view her address and phone number.

I think the value was fine for the $55 I paid through Priceline, but I definitely wouldn't pay the regular rates for this hotel. The room was large, clean, and very pretty, but it just wasn't worth it to me.

• Liked — Gorgeous room
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
1 Thank 335136

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Milwaukee
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Totally beautiful hotel. The lobby is bright and elegant, but inviting, and my room was very nice. The hotel has free wireless internet in the rooms and lobby, so I was able to do a lot of my work right from the hotel, which was really convenient. Breakfast was pretty good, and having the mall nearby was nice too.

• Liked — Clean, elegant
  • Disliked — no room service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank GoGirlGo
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed here Labor Day weekend. Room was very well appointed. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast buffet was included and had made-to-order omlets as well as eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit & rolls. In house bar with a very friendly bartender. It's quite a ways from downtown, but worth it.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — mosquitoes
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thebandteacher
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed August 29, 2007

As a family of five we usually book two rooms. As we were staying just one night I wanted to find a hotel that could accomadate the 5 of us in one room. We stayed at the Marriott the night before moving our daughter into college. We reserved a standard room with two queen beds and a roll away. We arrived late at night and were pleasantly surprised to see that the roll away was already in the room. The room itself was spotless and extremely spacious. Quiet location was a plus. We had originally booked a different hotel to stay at over the Parent's visiting day weekend, but after our stay at the Marriott we changed our reservations and are staying there once again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank Vicki000
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2007

This hotel was really very good. It was VERY clean, which is important to me. The fitness room was open 24 hours, which was very, very convenient for an early morning workout - many hotels I checked on did not open the fitness room until 8:00 a.m. which was too late for me. And, the food in the restaurant was excellent. We liked the hotel so much that we stayed there a 2nd time. I am very picky, so staying there twice is an excellent recommendation.

2 Thank roselleg
Manchester, England
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Before reaching or leaving this hotel do confirm the exact directions. It is near a rather complex and not well signposted interstate intersection, and you have to know when and where to turn. Once you are there, you will find a smart, 3 star property which is fairly new, and good value for money. Check in was business-like, and the rooms are spread along sprawling corridors over several floors. The one we had faced onto the car park, but had a nice little balcony you could walk onto- this was not the case with other rooms we saw- so ask in advance if this is what you want. You will need a car to get around as the hotel is situated a bit away from anything in particular; parking is adequate and free.

The bedroom itself was what you might expect from a mid-market brand, so no wow-factor, but there were the usual facilities, it looked fairly modern, the bed was comfortable and the room was also clean. The lobby had free coffee on tap, a snack bar and a relaxing seating area.

Breakfast was OK-nothing special but also nothing bad either. There is a sort of waitress service which is strange as you end up visiting the (somewhat mediocre) buffet anyway, but the waitress was pleasant so we weren't too bothered.

All in all, a commendable if unadventurous place to stay near Madison.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank City99
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 4, 2007

My family spent two nights in this spotlessly clean hotel. We would highly recommend this property to others!

• Liked — Spotless
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family