“New Orleans takeout is always a great choice!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Madison, Wisconsin
“New Orleans takeout is always a great choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Been here a handful of times over the past few years and each time I have thoroughly enjoyed eating eating here. I recommend the red beans and rice with french bread with pralines it will fill you up though almost anything here will. It's a very casual atmosphere and quite cool to see all the music legends and who have passed through and had a nice meal of New Orleans cooking. This place is easily one of my top restaurants in town.

• Visited June 2012

Pensacola, Florida
“New favorite restaurant in Madison!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I were getting tired of eating on State Street so we decided to look up restaurants and found New Orleans Take Out. I had my first Po' boy sandwich (with fried oysters) which was amazing! The bread is so good and the crust on the oyster was perfect. My boyfriend had the BBQ Po' boy and he loved it. We have come back several times since and we're sure to visit again!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Vanessa Y
letrips66
“Don't let the look of the place fool you...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

We love spicy cajun and have always meant to try this place in our hometown. We decided to try the fried catfish and shrimp creole. The catfish batter was not too heavy and had good flavor and wasn't dry. The dirty rice accompanying it was flavorful. The shrimp creole was advertised as "very, very hot" and that just seemed like a challenge. And boy was it good... and pretty hot. The cornbread was a generous portion and very tasty. Our entrees were about $6 each for the "small" portion -- perfect for lunch. The only thing missing was fried okra. We'll be back to try all the other entrees!

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank letrips66
Madison, Wisconsin
“Cajun Cream? What a dream!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

Authentic Cajun fare available locally. Excellent stuff all over the menu - I love the various Po Boy sandwiches and Thursday's special, "cajun cream." Folks who like the spicy will love the jambalaya. Creole for real. Cornbread. Real deal stuff.

Visited August 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great little hole-in-the-wall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at a nearby hotel and went walking looking for take-out dinner options. There's a few chain, fast-food type places nearby, and then I passed this unassuming looking place. What a find!

The portions are good, the prices are very reasonable, and the food is fantastic! I hope I'm in town soon so I can go back!

• Visited April 2012