“Biscuits and Gravy!”
Review of Madison Sourdough

Madison Sourdough
Ranked #2 of 19 Bakeries in Madison
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Production bakery and cafe with seating inside for 48 and outdoor patio with 42 seats.
Madison, Wisconsin
“Biscuits and Gravy!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Be sure to order the biscuits and gravy! Seriously some of the best I've ever tasted. Or the Diabalo, that was delicious too. Egg sammie was okay, but compared to the others I would not order. And don't walk away without some french bread: chewy on the outside, soft on the inside!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jeanne P

“Good bread, more meat needed”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled in for lunch on busy Saturday off the bike path. It took over 20 minutes to get food after ordering at the counter. The Cubano was tasty but could have used more meat considering it was ten bucks. Chicken breast sandwich also had more bread than meat. My son devoured the grilled cheese, and the cookies were very good. The lady next to me had a huge omelet which looked great. Might try breakfast next time.

Visited July 2014
“Don't miss this booth at Farmer's Market!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

So I was excited on my second visit to the Madison Farmers market to find this place ACROSS THE STREET, from the actual market. I missed it last time and was sad. So if you are new and visit the market pay attention to the businesses set up across the street or you may miss something! I knew their sourdough was awesome thanks to Cooper's Tavern where I had a piece with my breakfast last visit. So I bought a whole loaf. Soooo good. I sliced it up, toasted it and had it with soup. But what really surprised me was how great the croissant I had was. Right there at 6:45am I ate it while walking the market. It didn't need butter, it didn't need jam. Just perfect on its own. Cant wait to go back to Madison and check out their actual store next time!

• Visited June 2014
Washington DC
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had a hard time deciding what to get because everything sounded and looked so good to me! I ended up ordering the huevos rancheros with a chocolate croissant and an iced coffee. YUM! Everything was delicious. Everything my friends had was delicious too. I will definitely be back!

• Visited May 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Eh”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went for brunch. Ordered the smoked salmon eggs benedict. The first few bites I thought I had hit the jackpot but after that found the dish way too saucy. While the flavor was very good, it was overpowering and a little gross. There was SOOO much sauce but not not enough actual bread so I wasn't really full when I was finished. Maybe that's their secret because I ended up ordering a croissant when I was done! Croissant was really good but when is a croissant not really good.

Would consider going back and ordering a sandwich but their menu items are overpriced for Madison so maybe not.

• Visited March 2014