“PLEASANTLY SURPRISED” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

You added Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Junction Court, Madison, WI 53717 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% TODAY!
Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Minneapolis
“PLEASANTLY SURPRISED”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I ended up at Extended Stay west Madison via Hotwire. Due to my past experiences with Extended Stay America, I would not have considered this hotel. It turned out to be great. While most Extended Stays are kind of run down and well-used, this one was not. Any hotel that has guests frequently staying a week or more at a time tend to get run down and shabby fast. In this hotel, everything was clean and up to date and no surprises. The evening desk clerk was Taylor, and she could not have been more helpful, right down to an extra bag of coffee for the coffee maker in my room. Be sure to book this one (that used to be an Extended Stay Deluxe) instead of the one next door.

Room Tip: Perhaps requesting a room not facing the freeway would be a good idea.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always a pleasure when we hear our guests enjoyed their stay with us. We take pride in our work and the staff is always willing to go the extra mile to ensure our guests are satisfied with their experience. Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm not surprised to say I liked my room at this hotel more than the apartment I currently have. For someone new to the area without the burden of knowing other people, this hotel gave me most everything I needed to be comfortable and happy. You'll be surprised how often you'll take colanders and can openers for granted until you realize you forgot to pack yours, but this place takes care of those for you.

Paulette and Andy, the front desk staff I interacted with most over my stay, definitely made all the difference in how welcome I felt to the area -- it's the little things they told me, like how locals drive in snowy conditions and where the nearest grocery stores and post offices were, those things you don't really think about until you need them.

Getting fed every Monday evening on the house was superb, too. Also, feel free to take advantage of their coffee/tea/cocoa/cider stand in the lobby -- I know I did.

My only complaint about my stay was the so-so internet. 3 Mbps is enough for web browsing, but I obviously ran into stuttering problems while streaming. I wonder if this place can look into upgrading their connections for the future?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Christopher - It is so wonderful to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. Thank you for your comments about our spacious studios and well equipped kitchens. Our hotels are designed to make any stay comfortable, whether you are staying for just a couple of nights or if you are going to be a guest of ours for a longer period of time. I was also pleased to read your comments about the customer service you received from Paulette and Andy. It is rewarding to know how well our team does with taking care of our guests.

Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We got to the hotel and realized we booked the wrong date on one of the travel websites. Paulette was nice enough to give us a room compliments of the hotel. The room was nice and clean. Overall, this hotel has been by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who visits the Madison area.

Room Tip: If you want a view choose any side but the east side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TazBry420
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, January 28, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our clean and comfortable rooms. It was also rewarding to hear of the great customer service your received from Paulette. Thank you again for your kind words. Our staff would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Business travelers beware! Though the price is good the level of customer service is not the best. After a long night of delayed travel, I arrived around 11pm. One of the amenities at the hotel is a printer. I am a trainer and often have a need to print materials. When I asked the hotel clerk about the printer. She advised me that it did not work. She advised me to call down in the morning and ask for the manager and she could tell me the email to send my document to and she could print it out. When I called to the Front Desk the next morning, I was advised by the SAME woman who checked me in that the manager was not there. I asked here what I should do and she said "go ahead and try to use the printer" She was the one who told me it did not work.. She admitted she really did not know if it worked and when I asked for directions as they use a cloud based service, she said she did not know. I really needed to prep this material the previous night and had to reschedule my delivery of material.

This is a reflection of poor training!! She did not even apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Stacy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do apologize for the printer and that the night attendant could not assist you. I have talked and explained to her how the printer works. We do assist our guest with larger printing needs by sending it to our computer and we print it for our guest. Again I apologize for the misunderstanding on the print me station we offer our guest.

Again thank you and I do hope you return again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I would like to say this is a great hotel. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, and have to say the staff are second to none. Coming over to the US for the first time (I've now stayed in the hotel twice for 4 weeks), I have found them warm, welcoming, professional, and always help when ever I ask them (which I do often).
The rooms are clean and furnished like an apartment which is great when you're so far away from home.

Thanks again to Paulette and the team ... Steve (UK)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steely2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you and that you truly enjoyed your first (and second) stay in the U.S. It is also great to read that your room, for each of your stays, was clean and comfortable.

Once again thank you for taking the time to comment, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Madison on your next visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been staying in this property for over 3 months now and would highly recommend it to anyone. In fact, any time we have business professionals coming to Madison, my company puts them up in these rooms.

The front desk staff is always friendly; I am greeted with a smile every single time I walk in the building.

There is a very short walk, without having to get on a major street, to Outback Steakhouse, Eno Vino (GREAT WINE BAR!), Panera, and many more.

Overall, this has been a lot better experience than I was anticipating when I was looking for a place to stay for an extended period of time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Brian - Thank you for the kind comments regarding Extended Stay America. It's been a pleasure to have you as a guest and a huge Thank you for sending all your business travelers are way. We take pride in giving each guest a friendly welcome along with spacious clean rooms. Our location gives guest many options from restaurants to shopping centers most within walking distance.

Again thank you for the comments.
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked a two night stay through Travelocity. There are two Extended Stay America's right next to each other. Based on the picture, I went to the wrong one to check in. No biggie...front front desk clerk called next door, and yes, I did have a reservation.

I was given a room on the first floor. It was very noisy. It sounded like elephants were in the room above me, and the hallway noise woke me several times during the night. The room was dated. It was clean, yet the furniture was stained and the recliner in the room didn't work. After the first no sleep night, I asked to be moved; a request that was easily accommodated.

The second room, while quieter, was in no better shape. There was a hole in the blanket (see picture) and when I got out the extra blanket from the closet there was a stain or unknown origin on it (needless to say, I didn't use that blanket).

The front desk staff was friendly, yet there is only so much you can do with a property that is in need of repair. The stairwells were dirty and ashtrays out of the side door needed emptying.

The second night I was there I thought I would go to the exercise room and quickly change my mind when I entered the room and there was a person sound asleep on one of the weight benches.

The hotel is in a convenient location and fortunately I got a good deal on Travelocity. In this case, the old adage that "you get what you pay for" was proven once again.

Room Tip: Unless you are a very sound sleeper do not stay on the first or second floors. Noise is a definite...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. First I would like to apologize. By the sounds of your comments you did not enjoy your stay. I am pleased to hear that you found our guestroom to be spacious and clean, but I am sorry to hear that our decor and furniture did not meet your standards. We do have a few rooms that have been refreshed with a new sofa, recliner, carpet and drapes. We are in the process of updating all guestrooms. I also had a meeting with my housekeeping department regarding the blankets you found in your room. I have also advised my engineer department regarding stairwells and outside ashtrays. I was happy to hear that staff was friendly and helpful.

I hope you would consider to give Extended Stay another try and please contact me. I would like to show you a room with our great and fresh up-dates. Again thank you for your comments, I will use this as a learning tool.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
#52 of 61 in Madison
3.5 of 5 stars 29 reviews
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Homewood Suites Madison West

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Address: 45 Junction Court, Madison, WI 53717 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Extended Stay, Hotwire, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison