“Amazing Expierence”

Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Moline, Illinois
“Amazing Expierence”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We got to the hotel and realized we booked the wrong date on one of the travel websites. Paulette was nice enough to give us a room compliments of the hotel. The room was nice and clean. Overall, this hotel has been by far the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I would recommend it to anyone who visits the Madison area.

Room Tip: If you want a view choose any side but the east side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TazBry420
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, January 28, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay due to our clean and comfortable rooms. It was also rewarding to hear of the great customer service your received from Paulette. Thank you again for your kind words. Our staff would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Business travelers beware! Though the price is good the level of customer service is not the best. After a long night of delayed travel, I arrived around 11pm. One of the amenities at the hotel is a printer. I am a trainer and often have a need to print materials. When I asked the hotel clerk about the printer. She advised me that it did not work. She advised me to call down in the morning and ask for the manager and she could tell me the email to send my document to and she could print it out. When I called to the Front Desk the next morning, I was advised by the SAME woman who checked me in that the manager was not there. I asked here what I should do and she said "go ahead and try to use the printer" She was the one who told me it did not work.. She admitted she really did not know if it worked and when I asked for directions as they use a cloud based service, she said she did not know. I really needed to prep this material the previous night and had to reschedule my delivery of material.

This is a reflection of poor training!! She did not even apologize for the inconvenience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Stacy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I do apologize for the printer and that the night attendant could not assist you. I have talked and explained to her how the printer works. We do assist our guest with larger printing needs by sending it to our computer and we print it for our guest. Again I apologize for the misunderstanding on the print me station we offer our guest.

Again thank you and I do hope you return again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I would like to say this is a great hotel. I've stayed in a lot of hotels around the world, and have to say the staff are second to none. Coming over to the US for the first time (I've now stayed in the hotel twice for 4 weeks), I have found them warm, welcoming, professional, and always help when ever I ask them (which I do often).
The rooms are clean and furnished like an apartment which is great when you're so far away from home.

Thanks again to Paulette and the team ... Steve (UK)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steely2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel. I am so glad that our staff took such great care of you and that you truly enjoyed your first (and second) stay in the U.S. It is also great to read that your room, for each of your stays, was clean and comfortable.

Once again thank you for taking the time to comment, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Madison on your next visit.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have been staying in this property for over 3 months now and would highly recommend it to anyone. In fact, any time we have business professionals coming to Madison, my company puts them up in these rooms.

The front desk staff is always friendly; I am greeted with a smile every single time I walk in the building.

There is a very short walk, without having to get on a major street, to Outback Steakhouse, Eno Vino (GREAT WINE BAR!), Panera, and many more.

Overall, this has been a lot better experience than I was anticipating when I was looking for a place to stay for an extended period of time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Brian - Thank you for the kind comments regarding Extended Stay America. It's been a pleasure to have you as a guest and a huge Thank you for sending all your business travelers are way. We take pride in giving each guest a friendly welcome along with spacious clean rooms. Our location gives guest many options from restaurants to shopping centers most within walking distance.

Again thank you for the comments.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I booked a two night stay through Travelocity. There are two Extended Stay America's right next to each other. Based on the picture, I went to the wrong one to check in. No biggie...front front desk clerk called next door, and yes, I did have a reservation.

I was given a room on the first floor. It was very noisy. It sounded like elephants were in the room above me, and the hallway noise woke me several times during the night. The room was dated. It was clean, yet the furniture was stained and the recliner in the room didn't work. After the first no sleep night, I asked to be moved; a request that was easily accommodated.

The second room, while quieter, was in no better shape. There was a hole in the blanket (see picture) and when I got out the extra blanket from the closet there was a stain or unknown origin on it (needless to say, I didn't use that blanket).

The front desk staff was friendly, yet there is only so much you can do with a property that is in need of repair. The stairwells were dirty and ashtrays out of the side door needed emptying.

The second night I was there I thought I would go to the exercise room and quickly change my mind when I entered the room and there was a person sound asleep on one of the weight benches.

The hotel is in a convenient location and fortunately I got a good deal on Travelocity. In this case, the old adage that "you get what you pay for" was proven once again.

Room Tip: Unless you are a very sound sleeper do not stay on the first or second floors. Noise is a definite...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. First I would like to apologize. By the sounds of your comments you did not enjoy your stay. I am pleased to hear that you found our guestroom to be spacious and clean, but I am sorry to hear that our decor and furniture did not meet your standards. We do have a few rooms that have been refreshed with a new sofa, recliner, carpet and drapes. We are in the process of updating all guestrooms. I also had a meeting with my housekeeping department regarding the blankets you found in your room. I have also advised my engineer department regarding stairwells and outside ashtrays. I was happy to hear that staff was friendly and helpful.

I hope you would consider to give Extended Stay another try and please contact me. I would like to show you a room with our great and fresh up-dates. Again thank you for your comments, I will use this as a learning tool.
Milwaukee WI
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed for one night during a Badger football weekend as part of a group. The front desk staff was friendly, but disorganized. This is a bare bones establishment. The other folks in my group who were on the first floor complained of noise, dirt, and bugs. I was on the second floor and had hallway noise only. If I have any choice in the future I will not select this property.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write review. I apologize that your stay was not to your liking, Extended Stay America is not always the right fit for all, as we are long-term lodging hotel. Our spacious rooms and well equipped kitchen is what our guest staying for more then one day really enjoy. I apologize we were unable to place all of your group rooms on one floor, it was a sold out night in Madison due to the Badger Football Game in town, we try our best to put all groups as close as we can to each other, but not always possible. We did strive to handle all noise complaints as they brought to our attention.

Again thank you for taking time for your review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide a better stay in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I realize that there are some folks this hotel is right for. But it is not for me. Everything is clean, spare and cheap. Toilet paper and tissues are cheap brands that are rough and fall about easily. The carpet and furniture look like the brand below IKEA. The rooms come with little kitchenettes but that is of no use to me. Housekeeping is available at an extra charge. You are invited to empty your own trash and get fresh towels from the front desk.

The building is cheaply constructed and noise bleeds through the ceiling and the walls. The staff are friendly, and the lobby area is clean. The free breakfast involves cellophane wrapped muffins and packets of instant oatmeal.

Bless those folks who got good online discounts for their rooms. Our group was charged $89 night and these accommodations do not justify that price. If you are looking for bare bones done well, this is your place.

Room Tip: From what I heard from my colleagues there were no quiet areas. The first floor is definitely noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Katie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Enjoyed reading about the staff being friendly, we do our very best to make sure every guest enjoys their stay. Extended Stay is not always the right fit for all but our spacious room do work for guest staying long-term. I apologize for the noise, we had a Badger Football Game in town and we won and some guest were excited about that, but we did strive to handle all complaints on noise. Our breakfast is very simple and quick calling it grab-and-go for those that don't have time to make breakfast, with the full kitchens we offer in every room, some guest enjoy making their own breakfast.

Again I thank you for your comment and maybe we will see you again in Madison.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Comfort Suites Madison West

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Address: 45 Junction Ct, Madison, WI 53717-2159 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison