“Friendly and professional.”

Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Ranked #42 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Madison, Wisconsin
“Friendly and professional.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I have been staying here for a few months now on a temporary work assignment. The staff is friendly and professional and the rooms are clean. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank J B
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, July 17, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. As you know, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free wifi access, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

During my stay at this hotel my car was broken into. They broke in stole my GPS,LAptop and everything else in it. Then not only did the staff not care but did not compensate. ANYTHING. The manager repeatedly said "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do about it" The areal manager was rude and did nothing about my over $2000 loss. NEVER AGAIN. The third floor smelled and the the first floor smelled of cat pee. Beer bottles and alcoholic drinks filled the laundry room trash! Worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Kids ran the hall and there is no free breakfast on the weekends

• Stayed April 2012
7 Thank Mj1423
Seoul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

My wife needed a place to stay for a couple of months after I went back overseas so I picked this place. Because of what it is and the low rates she wasn't sure about staying here but now after one month I just talked to her and she can't say enough about how much she likes the place. It is a tradeoff between the guests need for privacy and enough service to keep the guest happy. She has met and made friends with several of the other guests. She complimented the management and front desk staff for their friendliness and professionalism. If she needed to come back to Madison for an extended stay she would not hesitate to stay there and I would be comfortable with her staying there.

Room Tip: The corner room has two windows and lots of light which is helpful for the winter
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank sparksjake
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd., responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We only stayed here for one night but I can see how people would stay her for a long time. You got a living room, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom. The people working there were very nice. It was pretty clean except that the toilet had some weird stains in the bowl...i think it was from time but not sure. Breakfast could be better but if you are in a hurry a bagel and coffee are just fine. I would probably stay here again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I am happy to be able to respond to you in this forum, as we never want a guest to feel like his or her concerns go unheard. I certainly understand your desire for more items on our Deluxe Mornings(tm) menu, because as it is our current offerings are not designed to be a full blown breakfast, but more of an expanded coffee bar. We advertise it as just that, because we don't want anyone to be disappointed when they discover we don't have a full breakfast. Our typical Deluxe Mornings(tm) items include gourmet coffee, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I wish that we had been able to communicate better to you exactly what we offer.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

This location was chosen based on location and price. Building is quiet and clean. Family like atmosphere. Guests are of all ages. Studio unit is spacious, kitchen has more counter space than my last 2 bedroom apartment. Bathroom is good size, good lighting, water pressure. Kitchen has full size fridge/freezer, four burner stove top, oven, basic cookware/utensils including strainer, small microwave, toaster. Hot water is readily available in shower and kitchen. Entry way is wood floor, tile in bathroom and kitchen. Good size desk for desktop PC. Lots of lighting in unit...floor lamp, six additional table lamps. Full size sofa, comfy recliner. TV swivels for living room or bedroom view. Housekeeping and front desk staff are pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

We stayed here for 2 weeks in October, and from the moment we arrived until the day we left, we were treated wonderfully. The ladies at the front desk (sorry can't remember their names) were extremely helpful whenever we needed anything. The property was clean, and well maintained. We did laundry a couple of times - machines were fairly new and did a quick job. If you don't have enough quarters, again the front desk staff were very helpful. Made reservations for next spring already

Room Tip: We liked the room we had on the very north end of the building, which was close to the exit, and we...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed at the Extended Stay Deluxe for almost two weeks.

The best things about it are that it's in a great location, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, it was quiet, and I did sleep well.

Now for the bad. ..When I first checked into my room everything looked okay but there was a stale odor in the room. I opened the window hoping to air out the room. It soon became clear that the room was not just dirty, but filthy -- the doors, the mirrors, the windows, the furniture, everything. I ended up going to the store to buy cleaning supplies and cleaned the room, but I never felt like it was really clean. I think at one time it was a smoking room so the curtains and furniture just reaked, and there were cigarette burns in the carpet and sofa. I ended up putting sheets on the sofa and chair and never actually sat on them. I bought my own blanket at a nearby store and tossed the bedspread in the closet. The rooms have a kitchenette, and the first time I used the oven the whole room started to smell like oven cleaner. When I opened the oven I found that someone had indeed sprayed oven cleaner in the oven but hadn't wiped it off. I finally broke down and wiped off the oven cleaner and found that I half-hearted attempt had been made to clean the oven and a lot of it was still dirty. There was also an apt-size fridge in the room the top of it, handles, and inside were dirty too. Believe it or not, the cleanest part of the room was the bathroom.

They do have a laundry room available for guests and the inside of the washers were filthly, too, and I ended up scrubbing them down before using them.

What's so surprising is that someone always seemed to be cleaning at the hotel, yet it was so dirty. I think they try but totally miss the mark.

They do offer internet service for $4.99 per stay, but it's pretty slow. You can upgrade to a faster service, for (I think) $15 per stay. They also advertised wireless printing where you are supposed to be able to print from your room and pick up your printing in the lobby. But the service wasn't working when I was there. I would check that it's working before you print, because I printed and since the service wasn't working I have no idea where my documents ended up. Thank goodness they were private/sensitive documents.

The hotel seemed to be full of construction workers and other contractors. This isn't a family-type hotel and definitely not a destination hotel experience.

To be honest, I would have checked out and gone somewhere else, but for a variety of reasons I couldn't do that.

If you have to stay there ask for a former non-smoking room that doesn't face the highway

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Extended Stay America - Madison - Junction Court
Fairfield Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison West
Baymont Inn & Suites Madison West/Middleton WI West
Staybridge Suites Middleton / Madison
Residence Inn Madison West/Middleton

Been to Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd.
Address: 45 Junction Ct, Madison, WI 53717-2159 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe - Madison - West)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Madison
#17 Business Hotel in Madison
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Madison - Old Sauk Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Madison - West Hotel Madison