Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Ranked #30 of 61 Hotels in Madison
New London, Wisconsin
“Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here Recently for a Night after the WIAA State Softball Tournament. The Staff was great & were nice enough to allow me to check in before check in time. Room was nice, bed was good & the Breakfast was good. The internet was a little slow & hard to log in with a smart phone was my only downfall. There was road construction in the are making it a bit difficult to get in off the Beltline.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here. We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable visit. In reading your comments, I noticed you had some difficulty connecting to the Internet on your phone. I understand how frustrating that can be! Our team will work to ensure this isn't a consistent problem.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you on your next trip to the greater Madison area.

Erica Waller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rogers, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel around 20 nights in the last 2 months for short term housing. The hotel is clean and consistent with a staff that are friendly and seem to really care. The breakfast was full with attentive and friendly breakfast "ladies" both during the week and on the weekend. Used the fitness center every morning and it was always clean. Nice comfortable stay at a reasonable rate. Several restaraunts within walking distance as well as a grocery store and shopping center across the street.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highway - tends to be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Paul,
Thank you for making this your second home! We appreciate your loyalty and feedback on your experience(s).

Glad to hear our accommodations have always been clean and the staff has been professional and friendly. I'm happy that you were able to enjoy the full breakfast, fitness center, and location to restuarants and grocery store.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Visited Monona, which is what this hotel is closer to than Madison by far, for a funeral and stayed for one night. Let me preface by saying that I have had family in this area for many years but never stayed at this property because it was priced so much higher than everything else close by so had high expectations. Got a deal this time and so we tried it.

Check-in was easy and quick. Front desk service was always professional and friendly.

The room was adequate. I had expected maybe bigger, or higher quality because of the price thing but it looked like just about every other moderate hotel room I have ever been in. Decent amenities - fridge, microwave, larger flat screen TV. Air controller worked fine. Towels were okay but not great.

I thought the bed was a little squishy, and I did have a sore back when I woke up. Also, it would have been nice to have a lamp on each side of the bed. Others in my group thought the bed was okay.

Used the spa and pool for a little bit, spa was not super hot but had great jet pressure. Pool was okay. Chemical use was not over the top.

We did not eat breakfast as we had a family meal elsewhere, but there seemed to be plenty of good choices for food.

Check out was also easy, although housekeeping was knocking on the door at 8:55am.

Overall a nice, clean property - I just think it is normally over-priced compared to similar properties.

Dave

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hi Dave -
First of all, thank you for finally giving our hotel a try! We are always happy to have new guests with fresh perspectives. I welcome any and all comments from guests, so thank you for your honest review.
I noticed your comments regarding the towels being OK and the bed being squishy. I will work with the owners to improve these areas, so that next time we get 5 stars from you! I know the housekeeping team is antsy to get the rooms turned over for the next guest, but that is no excuse for giving people an early morning wake up call! I will work with the team to resolve this issue.
Overall, I'm glad to see you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future.

South Bend, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I made several phone calls to this hotel while planning my sister's bachelorette party. The staff members were pleasant, helpful and easy to work with. The renovated building was very nice. We were pleased with the pool and hot tub as well as the breakfast offerings. Coffee and fruit and cookies offered all day was wonderful as we headed out for activities. Rooms were clean and comfortable. It wasn't as close to downtown but for the very fair price we paid and the amenities we were very happy. I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Emily -
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay. I'm thrilled to see you enjoyed the renovated rooms, breakfast, and 24hr cookies and fruit. I'm also glad to hear your interactions with the staff were always pleasant. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone!
We are happy to hear you enjoyed the bachelorette party weekend and hope you visit us on your next stay in Madison.

Melrose, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stay here every year when we are in Madison for the Midwest horse fair. Our rooms have always been very comfortable and clean. The lady who checked us in was very helpful and friendly. Great location with good restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and the wonderful comments. We are pleased to see you have been loyal to us throughout your years of attending the Midwest Horse Fair. We're also glad to hear you enjoy the comfortable rooms, friendly staff members, and the convenient location to restaurants and the Alliant Energy Center.

Looking forward to accommodating you for the 2015 Midwest Horse Fair!

Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stopped in Madison on a Christmas trip around Wisconsin. We had only planned on a one night stay but with 8" of snow overnight we decided not to travel the next day. The staff was very accomodating and made sure we had a room to stay in. The rooms are very nice (executive king suite) and reasonably priced. The only complaint that we had was that the plumbing in the bathroom made a very loud rattling noise if someone upstairs was taking a shower. It only lasted 10-15 minutes but was kind of unnerving. We let the front desk know and I'm sure that maintenance has checked it out. Still our favorite place to stay in Madison.
Having a suite was nice to bring our friends back for gift exchange and to look at our Ireland pics.

Room Tip: The suites are reasonably priced and well worth the extra cost. Very comfortable and feels like home...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Hi Dennis,

Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear you were snowed in, but glad we had comfortable accommodations for you. My maintenance team did address the rattling pipes in the room above. I hope this didn't cause too much of a distrubance for you.

I'm happy that we are your favorite hotel in Madison - we hope to see you back in the future!

Springfield IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Just staying overnight in Madison. Got a good deal on priceline. Room was clean, large, and quiet. Staff was nice, breakfast was decent but not that great. Seemed close to lots of restaurants. Easy on and off highway.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank canucknuckle
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to see you enjoyed the convenient location and our clean, quiet rooms. I appreciate you recognizing the nice staff members. I will share your comments with the team. We hope to see you on your next trip to Madison!