“Short but sweet”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison
Ranked #37 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed 1 night, room clean, attractive lobby. Breakfast buffet had hot and cold items. Wish we could have had time to use pool area. Parking lot is at strange angles to the building, we eventually found a spot.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank chrise343
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Chrise343, thank you for your hotel review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your short visit at our hotel. We appreciate your comments about the attractive lobby, clean room, and great breakfast options. Sorry to hear you weren't able to enjoy the pool area this time.

Hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel overnight during a training session on 04/17/13. The lobby of the hotel was warm and inviting. I was quickly checked in and my room was ready when I arrived. The room was very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and it was almost as good as my bed at home. The hotel offer a well stocked breakfast bar which included make your own belgium waffles. They also had fresh fruit among a variety of others healthly (and not so healthy) options for breakfast. The hotel is located right off the highway and there are lots of restaurants and well as shops within walking distance of the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lanetta V
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hi Lanetta,
Thank you for a great review of the property! I'm glad to see you enjoyed each aspect of your stay - warm and inviting lobby, efficient check-in, a comfy bed, waffles for breakfast and the convenient location. We hope these things will bring you back on your next trip to Madison!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is the only Country Inn & Suites I've stayed at, so I can't compare to other CI&S, but I can compare it to other hotels in the area and this one is the best by far. The staff is very friendly, they are redecorating and it looks great, the place is clean and the location is convenient. I don't take advantage of the amenities, but I do want a nice room and the rooms here are very nice. The beds are very comfortable and they have the best pillows ever - I keep meaning to ask if they sell them (or find out how much they'll charge me if I steal a couple of them). Stayed in a King Suite for the first time last weekend and it was particularly nice. Great value, great place!

Room Tip: Usually stay in a Queen Double, which is just fine for my needs, but stayed in a King Suite last wee...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn O

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for giving us feedback from your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our clean and newly decorated hotel. I am also happy to hear that the bed and pillows were comfortable. Please don't steal the pillows - we will order you new ones for $15 each. Contact me if you want to purchase a couple.

On behalf of the entire staff, we are thrilled that you had a positive experience at your first Country Inn & Suites. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Country Inns are all about the same right?? Wrong They are almost always decent reasonable places to stay...Not this one...It is awesome. The breakfast bar is better than usual, staff was very good, cookies were fresh, rooms were clean, exercise room was fine, pool was small but well kept. Sounds likes most other Country Inns...well the surprises start when you go out the back door. Outside the pool is a beautiful little outside sunny area that has a nice asssortment of lounge chairs all hidden from view of the outside world. Great place to relax, but there is more. Hidden back there is also a small inlet from the Yahara River, which gives the feel of lake front property because you can literally sit right at the water. Only issue is the geese whose droppings keep the staff busy, but it is cleaned regularly. A nice walking path along the inlet also is very enjoyable for an evening stroll or a morning run.(might be a little short for a run, but it is a starting place)

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the inlet in the back of the hotel. While you are on a major highway the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

I'm glad to see that you were pleasantly surprised by the location of the property and the amenities offered. The pond area is very nice and relaxing in the summer time, minus all the geese droppings! I appreciate your wonderful comments and will certainly share them with the team.

We hope to see you on your next visit to Madison!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

new carpeting new furniture and very clean. One Of the better COuntry Inn and Suites that I've stayed at and certainly would stay here again.

The breakfasT buffet
was very good and The sTaff was boTh pleasanT and helpful

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for the kind remarks about your recent stay. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and the delicious breakfast. I am also pleased to see your comments about the friendly and helpful staff members. I will be sure to share your review with the entire staff.

We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this newly refurbished hotel on April 12th. The suite that we were given was an upgrade and included a wonderful hot tub! The king bed was so compy. The staff was very helpful in helping us with our luggage. It was truly a delight to stay here. We will return again next year. The breakfast room and meal was also most satisfying.
LH. Winnipeg, Canada

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade to the hot tub suite
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed every aspect of your stay - a newly renovated room, a comfy bed, and a great breakfast. We definitely appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to your stay next year!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Myself and 7 other family members stayed here for a reunion, every one of us were pleasantly surprised at what a great place this was! Welcoming staff, quick check in/out, and lots of amenities. The free breakfast was plentiful and filling, the hot tub was large and clean, and the gym tiny but with all the essentials. Location was awesome, right smack dab in the middle of shopping, restaurants, and highway access. Highly recommend this little gem!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ILgirl73
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Madison, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful remarks about our hotel. I'm happy to hear your family enjoyed everything we have to offer, inlcuding the expansive breakfast, pool area, and convenient location to restaurants and shopping. I will be sure to share your kind comments with my entire staff.

We hope to see you on your next visit to the Madison area.