Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI
Ranked #38 of 64 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I usually do not write reviews, but I had such a bad exprence, I just had to tell. I am currently in my room, sitting at the desk because this is the only place I feel is clean. I am a very clean person, so this might be ok for some people but it is sure not for me. When I came into the room, I immediately smelt a very musty old smell. I went down to the front desk, and told them it had a bad smell. They did give me a key to another room, but that one just smelled worse. I proceeded to go to bed. I pulled back the bed and their were yellow stains all over the sheets and pillow cases of each of the beds. They were discussing. I than went to take a shower and there was hair all over the shower and all in the sink. I was so grossed out. I am currently sitting at the desk because everything else is not clean at all. If you are looking for a clean place to stay, I warn you, DO NOT stay here. I am very disappointed and I know that I will never stay at another cheap hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2012
CISMadison, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed the housekeeping concerns with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Erica Waller

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This motel is well and conveniently situated on the East side of Madison near the freeway and just off the Beltline around Madison. Variety of chain restaurants nearby. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were quite clean and comfortable, but starting to get "dated". Very nice hot continental breakfast. Fruit and cookies in the lobby 24/7 is a nice touch. At about $100 per night the motel is not expensive for the area. You can get a cheaper place in the area, but those places are much less appealing overall.

Room Tip: If possible, the rooms higher up and facing the lagoon are nicer, but might be more pricey too. If n...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at our conveniently located hotel. I also noticed your comments about the friendly staff, comfortable rooms, and delicious breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of my staff.

Erica Waller

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Not disappointed...fast wireless, clean, comfortable bed and reasonable price. Not right in town but very easy and fast driving route right to Capital Square in only 5-10 minutes.
Very quiet location at south end of Lake Menona.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Randy R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments and experience. We really appreciate it and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We visited for a one night stay. The staff was very nice and welcoming.
However, for a room that cost over $100 a night . . .
-Our room was on the first floor, and the only curtain was sheer. We had to rig our comforter to hang in front of the window for privacy.
-It seemed as if some work was done in the room, but was not cleaned up. There were pieces of sheetrock and other debris on the counter and floor. Someone must have been thirsty, as there was red punch and a cup in the garbage.
-Earwigs.

Room Tip: Don't get a first floor room due to lack of privacy (curtain is sheer and parking lot is right o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Randy R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay with us. We apologize for the inconveniences and the cleanliness issues that you experienced with us.

Andrea Hunter
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Third floor north is the nicest view. there's a lagoon and occasionally some kaykers, canoeists or stand-up boarders to watch. B'fast good. Mostly well kept. Always a pot o' joe and some cookies and fruit in the lobby.

Room Tip: We always ask for high up, north side. You can see a lagoon and canoeists, kayakers and paddle boar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dicksdeli
Randy R, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience and for the wonderful description of our backyard.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here for a college visit to the University of Wisconsin-Madison. We had the two-room parlor suite. The separate room is perfect for putting the little one to bed earlier, while staying up for a few hours with the older two. The suite was extremely roomy. We did enjoy swimming at the pool after check-in. The pool area was clean and nice! The thermostat in the room with the king did not seem equal to the front room. With both rooms set at the same temperature, the front room was almost cold while the room with the king was a bit warm. Breakfast was good, but it took time to refill the waffle batter, juice machine, etc. My daughter liked the burrito. My on-line reservation specified a king bed in the one room, and a single and double pull-out in the other room. Upon arrival, we saw that the single was not there. We were charged $10 for a rollaway. I did follow-up with customer service via email to explain the discrepancy. The manager agreed that the on-line description did not match the room and gave me bonus points for a free night.

Room Tip: The two-room suite is very roomy for a larger family.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Randy R, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Madison, WI, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting the UW campus. We apologize again for the room description discripancy.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed here on a recent business trip. I got an extremely good rate which made up for a lot. Overall the facility seemeed rather worn. I was upgraded into a suite which did not feel very roomy - old design. The room was ok - not as nice as a Residence Inn but much cheaper. The only problem was an extremely heavy comforter - even with the thermostat set at 65 I was too warm. The internet servise was very fast and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about your stay with us. We very much appreciate the feedback and we are happy to inform you that we are currently renovating and updating our hotel.