“Authentic, reasonably priced & quick”
Review of Dumpling Haus

Dumpling Haus
Ranked #127 of 1,041 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed July 8, 2013

YUM! We had dumplings, bao and noodles. All three of us were very pleased with our meal! I had a special--curry beef bao and it was SO tasty! The crandberry iced tea was also nice. We enjoyed1

Reviewed June 22, 2013

It was stuff, hot and so noisy you couldn't think. We tried four different dumplings and the fried rice and were disappointed in all. The 'fried' rice was steamed white rice with faint traces of egg and an occasional green pea-no flavoring and tasteless. The dumplings although all different off the menu tasted identical and were gelatinous masses with very little filling. I could swear they use ground spam in them. All in all...not a place that we could possibly consider ever returning to. If you enjoy fine or even good food...steer clear.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had delicious pan fried pot sticker, fried rice, and lo mein. It was all very tasty with authentic flavors. We also had the pao ki which was pretty doughy and not a lot of filling. The place is pretty small so we had a carry out. I would definitely order from this small restaurant again despite the limited seating. The staff was also very patient in explaining the various dishes.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We took our family with young kids (2 and 5) to the Dumpling Haus for lunch. All four of use LOVED it, even my picky two year old. There's a good variety of dumplings, buns, and noodle bowls, and the prices are fair, especially for Hilldale. We will definitely return.

The only negative thing I have to say about this place is that it doesn't seat groups of more than 2 all that well. We moved some chairs and managed to get all four of us around a table, but had the restaurant been busy, it wouldn't have worked.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Realtiv.ely new little restaurant in Hilldale shopping center. There are a few tables to eat in at and seating has been available each time I have eaten there. Pot stickers are really good, perfect amount of brown crust to dumpling. I have a hard time trying something else because I want to get them again; however, the shrimp fried rice, while basic, was also good. Portions are generous for the price.