“A Gem!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Freeport, Illinois
“A Gem!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Even after being raised in the Madison area, I'd never heard of The Fountain. Glad I finally found it; because they have one of the best burgers I'v ever had! Medium-rare perfection on a pretzel bun. You gotta go!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Steve T

Wisconsin
“Best Burger in Madison”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Fountain made what was hands down the Best Burger I've ever had in Madison. Perfectly cooked, extremely flavorful, excellent bun. Topping it off, both the regular and sweet potato fries are also very good.

I'll be honest, we stopped here after reading the good reviews on TA, and I was a little concerned at first. The restaurant set up is a little confusing, basically being split in two between the bar in front and the more restaurant feeling "back bar." The menu is very limited, with very little other than Burgers and Brats/Sausage. It also isn't cheap, you're looking at $13+ for a burger and fries, but this is a case where the money is very well worth it. It was a great tasting, filling meal, and the next time I'm in the mood for a really good Burger while on State St, I'll be back!

• Visited March 2014
Stillman Valley, Illinois, United States
“Best burger I've ever had!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I was a little apprehensive to go in, as we had our kids with us and there was someone playing the piano, I was afraid we were out of place. We were hungry so we said screw it, and we went in to eat. We are burger people, so that's what we got. Yum! The BBQ one....delish!! They have these pretzel buns that are so tasty! And the cheese curds....they are like tempura battered....yummy! We will be back!

• Visited March 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We will DEFINITELY be back...the food was great, the server was super friendly and attentive (but not annoying/let us sit and chat too) and the atmosphere of the dining area can't be beat...a definite gem in the Madison area that I would not have guessed from walking by it in the past...

The burgers were huge and cooked perfectly! I would definitely recommend "The Fountain" burger. Super yummy!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Beth P
Madison, Wisconsin
“I love the Fountain!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

picking up where Cafe Montmartre left off, the Fountain is a gem of a nightclub! Late night food rocks very hard; bar staff (esp. Craig) attentive & cool: a winner!

Visited August 2013