“Great little restaurant for noodles”

Pho Nam Noodle House
Ranked #344 of 985 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great little restaurant for noodles”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We found Pho Nam Noodle when we recently stayed in the Extended Stay America hotel on the west side of Madison. We went for a walk looking for food and found several choices close to the hotel. We chose Pho Nam and carried out our food back to our hotel. The service was warm, welcoming, fast, and efficient. The menu was varied and prices were very reasonable. We had some delicious appetizers (the spring rolls were unique and delicious), and a couple different soups. The pho noodle soup was especially good. We will definitely go back to try some other menu items.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank pburnsblum

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great food, fast takeout”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Pho Nam is one of our go-to places for takeout in Madison. They are very prompt and accurate with the order and everything is consistently tasty. Their vegetarian rice noodle dish is hands down better than Saigon Noodle (more flavorful and more vegetables) and their spring rolls are great, too. The dine-in area lacks personality, but the wait staff is friendly and prompt. Give Pho Nam a try next time you are in the mood for Vietnamese food.

• Visited November 2013
Madison WI
“Good steaming pho!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

After a rainy drizzly day shopping, we thought a nice hot steaming bowl of pho would fit the bill quite nicely. We started with an order of egg rolls and spring rolls. The egg rolls were very greasy, and the spring rolls had a really chewy texture? Oh well, we came for pho! I ordered the house special pho and afterwards had wished I had ordered the beef tendon pho as that was the BEST part. I added some chili sauce and pretty soon sinuses were cleared up and all was good again. Very tasty broth, I don't use the add ins and nice amount of noodles. My dining companion is not a pho lover and had the chicken pho and decided it was too bland for her taste. All to my benefit, because now I have a nice big take home container of it for my lunch tomorrow-yum!! I'd definitely go again but stick with pho only-yummy and hot!

• Visited November 2013
“Gross!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place was hand down gross! I went there for lunch and ordered the spring rolls and a bowl of pho, typical vietnamese meal. The spring rolls had meat that were semi-frozen, telling that they don't use fresh items. I regret not having sent it back! Secondly the pho is basic, the dressings are typical but the broth is not well flavored. Bad experience as i was the only customer and they sat me in a awkward seat also. Will not be returning, if you want good pho and freshness I recommend Saigon!

• Visited August 2013
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
“Good food, fast service”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went here for lunch today and although the place was empty, the food was good and the service was fast. I got the fried rice with tofu because I didn't know what Pho was. Everyone else I was with got Pho and raved about it. They serve a side of sprouts for the table, which is cool, and they also have "summer rolls" which I didn't try but looked tasty. Basically they are spring rolls, just not deep fried - much healthier!

• Visited September 2013