“Don't hesitate - book this hotel”

Best Western East Towne Suites
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Springfield, IL
“Don't hesitate - book this hotel”
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I see why the Best Western East Towne is #5 on the top rated hotels in Madison. This moderately priced location has a lot of extras neatly tucked into every room. Even basic mini-suites have microwaves, refrigerators and a small sitting area - while one of the rooms I passed by had a full size bar. The bedrooms are extremely neat (great cleaning staff), the pool was large and well tended, the breakfast great and the staff helpful. There's a little shop behind the check in desk should you wish to buy a microwave meal or a full bottle of wine. There's even a private little balcony with each room. Madison is my favorite American city and I won't hesitate to stay at the Best Western East Towne the next time I return.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Abbe54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Finnish first
Stevens Point
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Impeccible service. The staff went above and beyond to make my stay a great one. Breakfast was included in rate, it had lots of choices. Very clean hotel. I HIGHLY recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank angelbear55
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed April 19, 2009

We always stay at this motel for any school functions and we all love it! They still treat us very well even though we are all high schoolers. We especially love the cook that sings during breakfast! He always remembers us year to year! Unfortunately this year they were booked both of the weekends we were there for school stuff-so sad! :(

My family has also stayed there and it was just as impressive. I love it! It has a very friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank sweet_keana
La Crosse WI
Reviewed November 23, 2008

My friends and I stayed here for two nights while we had a meeting. The staff were fantastic... including being sung to at breakfast. The breakfast both mornings was hot and fresh and included eggs, sausage and waffles along with the usual bagels, cereal and muffins. The rooms are suites so quite big and very clean. Some rooms even have a balcony, but since it's cold outside, we didn't use it. There is a large pool and whirlpool also. We also utilized their meeting room which was perfect for our needs. There was always fresh water, soda and coffee. We had arranged for a lunch and one day we had a box lunch and the other a hot lunch. While both were very good, I would highly recommend the hot lunch. All the staff were great and anticipated our needs. It was a busy weekend since the Badgers were playing, but the staff always seemed to make every customer their main concern. The hotel is located right next to the Mall for great shopping, and close to some great restaurants. It is right off the interstate so very easy to find.

• Liked — Large clean rooms and hot breakfast
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank ConnieT53
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Nice to have a room that has a seperate area for working/watching tv on the couch with the bed on the other side of the wall. The seperation of the two makes it feel less like a small hotel room.

Rooms and hallways were clean and the front desk was very pleasant and helpful.

The bed wasn't all that comfortable, but, considering the reasonable price I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

My biggest complaint is that I was here for business and the desk is so high up that my shoulders ached from reaching up to type on my laptop. It was more of a spot to toss things on (like keys or a purse)than a good spot to work.

Won't necessarily be my first choice next time I'm here, but I wouldn't be opposed to returning...

• Liked — Location, studio suite room with balcony, good price
  • Disliked — not good working area if traveling on business, bed not the most comfortable
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 3, 2008

The breakfast was the best, fresh fruit, Hot out of the oven Muffins, real eggs, potato, bacon, sausage ect. Easy to get to, well maintained, Frendly staff that was eager to help, nice sized pool and whirpool that was indoor. Guest rooms clean and plenty of room.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Age of hotel
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
salme
Reviewed April 1, 2008

very pleased with everyone in all aspects of our stay very nice rooms and the singing cook os very frindly well stay again

Stayed March 2008