“Full Service Hotel with Free Breakfast”

Best Western East Towne Suites
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Close to shopping, restaurants, and I90 this hotel is a great value based on the proximity to Madison. Unlike Holiday Inn full service Best Western has been a great value at all our stops over the past two weeks. All have had free breakfasts. This hotel has real plates and silverware. The dropped in last night without reservations and the clerk recommended a king single since they were out of doubles, which included a pull out bed. We were charged regular price. The hotel has four floors, room service, small snack shop, indoor pool and whirlpool, handicap pool lifts, comfortable lobby and bright décor. The only complaint I have of this hotel is lack of plugs for energy hungry smartphones, and the shower curtain was a bit worn. Other than that very clean. I used the whirlpool and clean towels as usual in this chain were provided. I would stay here again and recommend it for anyone that needs to be in the Madison area.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you want a balcony room. The staff are very courteous and really want to help in any...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank marada
There are newer reviews for Best Western East Towne Suites

Reviewed May 12, 2014

The room was pretty decent for the price. Comfy bed, large pool, tasty breakfast, great location. Everything was fine except for the service. I'm not sure if it was just my room, but the toilet could barely flush water. Of course the toilet flooded over, soaking the bathroom floor and part of the carpet outside the door. So, doing what any other guest would have done, I called the front desk to have someone come up and help clean up and fix the toilet. About 20 minutes later with no one showing up to help I went to the front desk in person. I told the man that was there that I called and no one showed up. What does he do? Hands me a bunch of towels and a plunger to have me clean it up myself because apparently some person, he didn't say who, wasn't there to help. The plunger didn't even fit the toilet so we couldn't use it for the rest of our stay and we didn't want to touch the nasty floor. I told the woman that was at the front desk on the morning of check out what had happened and she apologized saying that he was new. I don't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna B
Seth C, Manager at Best Western East Towne Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Hi Anna,
I'm very sorry that we provided you poor service. There are many things that we can't control, but the service we provide is absolutely something we can. For obvious privacy reasons, TripAdvisor doesn't let me see your contact information, or I would simply give you a call. If you read this response, please call the hotel and ask for me, Seth. I would like to speak with you about your experience and try to make it right. Please accept my most sincere apology for the trouble you experienced. I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Bed was very comfortable. No issues with wi-fi. (No password-just connect -great). Will definitely stay here again. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Clean & relaxing. The pillows were too thick for me though. Newspaper available at front desk. Little snack room was amazing - even ice cream & pop corn available!!! Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcia F
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We had written off Best Western until last night. We were traveling from Michigan to Minnesota and needed an overnight stay. We wanted to stay north of the city. This place was awesome. Pleasant front desk with lots of information for mall shopping!! The cleanest suite- nice size room!! The full breakfast was also so clean, the staff was pleasant and the food was so good from oatmeal to fresh waffles to fresh fruit to eggs, sausage and potatoes- everyone has a choice here! We would go back in a heartbeat. We slept so good. Stay here ( we didn't use the pool but it looked nice).

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank proach1015
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The hotel itself was a very nice place to stay but a little more pricey than what I was looking for. Unfortunately most of the hotels in the area were priced the same for the same weekend. We were attending an event at the Alliant Center, and I felt this hotel was a little far from the event for my liking. Our GPS took us through town to get there, and then we did not have enough time to get back to the evening event. If you know where you are going, it would be very nice, but for not knowing the town, it was a little difficult.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wendy R
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My first impression was the front desk staff who were very friendly and nicely dressed in business attire with the Best Western logo.
The room was fabulous. King size bed, pristine white sheets and oh so comfortable. Forty five minutes upon check in we received a call from the front desk asking if we found the room acceptable. That's never happened.
The breakfast was very good, lots of choices and friendly staff.
I would agree with one other traveler who suggested that automatic doors would be most helpful when trying to navigate the trolley.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shamusmom
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel is clean with a complementary breakfast. Staff is friendly and helpful. I stay here frequently when in Madison for work related meetings. There are two things they need to upgrade: automatic door openers at the front entrance and their cable package. It's astonishing that the Microtel has more channels, including MSNBC, than the Best Western.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business