“Absolutely amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Absolutely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were in Madison for the weekend and decided to try The Wonder Bar. We called for a reservation for Saturday eve and got an 8:30 spot with the hope of getting in sooner. The owner is the host and he delivered his promise and we were seated at 8:15. The place is small in size but big on Wonder(ful). We had a bbq prawn appetizer and baby spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. I had the fresh lobster tail with a twice baked potatoe and my husband had the bone in ribeye steak with mushroom sauce and a twice baked potatoe as well. We shared a flourless chocolate cake with peanut butter crumble and whipped cream. Everything from beginning to end was incredible. From the staff and ambiance to the drinks and the food. Oh the food.
We will be back again, again and again.

• Visited November 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I went to the Wonder Bar for dinner. I expected it to be good but I didn't expect to be blown away by the experience. We ordered dinner at the bar which is where we like to sit. The attention we got from the staff was unbelievable. They were witty and fun and attentive. I ordered the halibut which was simply the best in town. My husband had a filet that blew every other steak joint in Madison out of the water. We ordered a bottle of wine that we both enjoyed. I liked that there were a lot of choices in various price ranges. The atmosphere is and always has been great so to increase that enjoyment with the food & service--well...wow. We'll never go anywhere else!

2 Thank gigs0323
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent food and great ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Amazing history and a very comfortable, relaxed atmosphere. Let's not forget that the food is phenomenal! Try the Cowboy Steak...a must have!! This is by far my new favorite Madison area restaurant!

Midwest USA
“Quaint steak house with great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Our party of six visited the Wonder Bar in Madison, WI. The steak house is located near the Alliant Energy Center and is tucked away behind some other, larger restaurants. But what this place lacks in size, it makes up in quality. It's an old house that was reconfigured into a restaurant. There's a small bar at the entry and tables. We sat upstairs in one of the quaint turrets overlooking the parking lot and World Dairy Expo.

Drinks were well made. Our party ordered from the wine list, which is large, but not extravagant. Members of the party ordered steak, sea bass and shrimp. All were excellent. The special - a bone in cowboy style rib eye - was especially appreciated by one of our guests. My fillet was extremely tender and juicy. It was better than others I'd had at other, more "famous" steakhouses in Madison.

Highly recommend the Wonder Bar. This one of my favorites in Madison.

• 4 of 5 stars
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Outstanding Dining!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Madison friends chose this restaurant, and it was Wonder Ful! We had reservations for six in one of the upstairs turrets of this historic building from the Prohibition Era. The service and food were outstanding. Salads and sides were great. But the steaks were the highlight of the meal. Several froends indulged in the enormous Cowboy Steak. I loved my 6-oz. filet mignon. Liking to mix it up, my husband ordered fresh salmon; said it was fantastic. If you're looking for a delicious dinner in Madison, this is the place!

• Visited August 2012