“Interesting updated menu”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve come here often during football weekends. New menu since we were here last year. Disappointed they dropped the Friday fish fry but they did add a unique relish tray. Sort of an updated Wisconsin supper club version. Food is great as are the cocktails. Well staffed bar during a busy time and very responsive bartenders. Table service remains an ongoing issue at this establishment. It’s just plain slow and always is. Not sure why they can’t correct it. And be prepared. It’s very noisy.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (221)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here on a Sunday on the advice of our innkeeper, and maybe it’s why it was so quiet. There were several people eating in the bar area, but it was really quiet. I ordered pasta with shellfish, and it was ok. My husband ordered a shrimp po’ boy that was really different than the ones we eat in the South. It was served on a hot dog bun like a lobster roll, and it came with tartar sauce. No. My husband was hoping for the usual crusty French bread and remoulade sauce. It was fine. He ate it, but he was disappointed. The oysters were awesome, and I was served the best Lemon Drop martini that I have ever had outside of my home. The bread before the meal was also excellent. We just didn’t order right.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

We had a superb experience for dinner. No reservations needed and yet it was quite busy. The food and service I cannot fault. Thank you

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 6, 2019

We have eaten there several times. None of us eat oysters, but we love the meals and desserts. A very nice wine selection of wines.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

Visited Tempest during Restaurant Week. We messed up our reservation (I scheduled the wrong date online) but they quickly and happily found us a table. The staff were all very pleasant, caring and knowledgeable. Truly some of the best service I’ve seen anywhere. The oysters were incredible. I had a hangar steak with a small piece of lobster, and wow. The lobster was moist and perfect. The medium rare steak was prepared perfectly. Mussels as an appetizer were wonderful and the key lime pie finished the night.

Great list of tap and can/bottle beer at really good prices. I’ll be back soon for happy hour and $2 oysters.

If in Madison it’s a must. And if staying at the Hilton it’s less than a minute walk.

Date of visit: July 2019