“Creative Menu”
Review of Tempest Oyster Bar

Tempest Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempest Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 1,008 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We'd dined out one night in Madison, and I feel we just ran into an off night. The menu items are creative, and does feature the sea. Our server was not on his game, and did little things that did not make for a great experience. For example, and maybe a slight peeve, yet he'd bussed the table while many members of our party were still eating. The food was decent, yet while creative, the menu is not that diverse.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Went to Tempest (old Magnus) last week with my woman.
Loved the oysters, but had the best Halibut of my life.
Eat outside on the patio.
Wait staff is outstanding and fun to banter with.

1  Thank Homeschooling
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had well prepared and delicious halibut for dinner. Since we are not from the area, we were not used to the 'heavier' preparation styles of Wisconsin and would have preferred more greens, fewer potatoes and less heavy sauces.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Great food, drinks and service. Our waitress was amazing! Reasonably priced as well.

I had my first oyster shooter. Not personally a fan but everyone else loved it.

I ordered fish and chips, the malted vinegar syrup they put on top of the fries was to amazing!

I would recommend and would visit again!

2  Thank JenRay1980
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Was recommended by a co-worker and well worth the trip. Scallops are very good, Service was outstanding and just an overall nice atmosphere.
From the Bread they start you out with until you are done, the wait staff is very attentive.
I also recommend the brussel sprouts, very nicley cooked.