“Happy Hour and then some” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tempest Oyster Bar

Tempest Oyster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tempest Oyster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Norwalk, Iowa
“Happy Hour and then some”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Beautiful establishment - really great atmosphere -- really nice! Great drinks, great apps - shrimp cocktail, scallops - at the bar. Then I had some crazy awesome pork medallions with apples in a brown-sugar-reduction-I-don't-know-what. I didn't need dessert, but I had a wonderful custard topped with fruit anyway. Really nice place. Glad we tried it.

• Visited June 2013

Madison, Wisconsin
“Great food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Staff was attentive and delightful. The food was great even though a bit on the pricey side, it is well worth it for special occasions. We had the oyster rockefellar as an appetizer...yum! The main courses were perfect. We definitely will go bak.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a special night out, this is the place for you. What a nice atmosphere and the service is excellent. I had the Marlin which was delicious. We also had two plates of fish and a pork chop meal. Although all were tastey, the chops were a little chewy. A little pricey but worth it.

• Visited May 2013
“Incredible experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant should not be missed. We dined in for dinner recently and started out with a plate of oysters that were phenomenal. Our server, Chip, was knowledgable and very helpful with the menu and gave us specific information about each of the oysters we tried. We tried the scallop appetizer and I was blown away by the size and incredible flavor of the scallops. Remember we're in Wisconsin so amazing sea food with this quality is hard to come by. I ordered the mussels as an entree and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
The atmosphere is outstanding and the bar has an great vibe to it. Our server overheard us discussing an upcoming vacation to door county and he went out of his was to give us several recommendations on where to stay since he is from door county. We had an incredible night here and I can't wait to come back. This is my new favorite restaurant!

• Visited April 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Really enjoyed a happy hour at Tempest....the Smoke Stack is about the best hh appetizer I have ever had and at happy hour prices, amazing. I would like to see more drink specials for happy hour, they have cocktails but I would have preferred a wine special. I will go back tho, as I would love to try the oysters.

• Visited September 2012