“Wonderful food (minus the broccoli)”
Review of Granite City Food and Brewery - CLOSED

Granite City Food and Brewery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

There were 6 of us who went to dinner. All but one had steak. It was delicious! Everyone's steak was cooked as ordered. One person had the salmon, and she said that was delicious. I had the seasonal veggies as a side and they were just awesome! Others had a side of broccoli and they got a lot, but felt it wasn't seasoned well. Most of it didn't get eaten.
If you enjoy beer, they had many on tap. Most were local, which was awesome! I'm not sure if they had tasters. That would be nice. I had a dark beer that was excellent.
On to dessert -many to choose from. One person at the table ordered the chocolate chip cookie. It was big enough for all six of us. It had a scoop of ice cream on it and was hot out of the oven. The size, as you can imagine enough for six people, was that of a round cake pan and quite thick. Nice way to top off the dinner.
If I am ever back in Madison I will more than likely go to Granite City again.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

The food is amazing. I've had everything from pasta, to burgers to a chimichanga and they have not let me down yet, in fact, it was the best chimichanga I've had in a long time. In the evening, they lower the lights a bit for mood lighting. They make their own beer and their beer cheese soup is a must try....excellent!!! The portion sizes are just right, if not a little more than expected.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

The mac and cheese and riblets are to die for. Great atmosphere and convenient for shopping with the Mall attached. Loved it!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

My first time at this location. It was busy over the lunch hour, however once we were finally seated, took over 10 minutes to get our water. Although we were ready to order once water came, she had to attend to another table, another 10 minutes until we could order. We both ordered soup first, after over 20 minutes we had to Ask about our soup, within 5 minutes we then received our soup and our meal came immediately after, so Im guessing our waitress just forgot about the soup. Then to top it off my Burger had a hair in the cheese, so it did not come from me.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My friends and I had a lovely evening at the Granite City in West Towne Mall in Madison, WI. We were first greeted by a handsome boy named Adam. He informed us that our server would be there in a jiff! Sure enough, our server Cori came running to the rescue with her can-do attitude! Man, that lady had some pizzazz! We loved it! When our Idaho Nachos came up, she was just as fired up as us, if not more! The only glitch in the meal was that my Reuben sandwich came about 2 minutes after the other girls meals arrived. The manager Brex approached us and appeared very troubled about the late arrival of the plate--- he even ended up gifting me with an extra baked potato! What a deal!

1  Thank BearCider