“Great service, rooms & best location for badger football visitors”
Review of HotelRED

HotelRED
Ranked #12 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Right across from the stadium. Outstanding service, comfortable beds, modern clean rooms. We even got a complimentary ride to and from dinner.Though this hotel is long walk or ride to state street you can't beat the location for coming in town for a game. The bloody Mary's at the bar are ranked in my top 3 with bacon and a strawsage stick even. Can't say enough about this place. We came in town for the Badger vs BYU football game and the guys always stay closer to state street but said the Red is the place from now on. Expensive but worth it. The breakfast joint next door "dairy bar" or something is worth the wait if there is a line out front...they move 'em fast.

Room Tip: The elevator can be slow. Go for floor 2 and take the stairs when u have no luggage with you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us over a Badger game day weekend. It sounds like you had a great time! Your kind words about our hotel are so appreciated. I will make sure to let all of our team know.

If you ever need anything over a future visit to Madison please let me know. I’d love to try and make your stay even better.

I hope you have a wonderful winter and thank you again for everything.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay in a two bedroom suite in October. I couldn't ask for a better experience! The location of HotelRED was perfect. My room's balcony overlooked Camp Randall and we were minutes from capitol square.

Room were perfect. Modern but comfortable and inviting.

I had lunch at The Wise and enjoyed an awesome special. I ran into one of the cooks while heading back up to my room and he was extremely friendly, asking what I had and how it was. He obviously knew I was with the large group in their private meeting space. Those little touches made a great experience!

Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel is literally across the street from Camp Randall so if you're here for a Badger game you cannot get much better. My daughter was touring the campus and I was sick so I got plenty of time to get to know our room and she was in walking distance of everything she needed to do. The rooms are modern with neutral black, white and greys and of course red as an accent color. There is only a walk in shower in the bathroom but that's ok because it was a great shower with body jets and a tall overhead shower head which is great if you are tall like we are. Rooms were clean and had all the basic amenities and free WIFi. The staff was polite and efficient. It has underground parking. That is nice considering the location. The only downside is since it is close to the campus there is a lot of traffic, if you are a light sleeper like I am you might want a higher floor or a room not facing Monroe St. There isn't much they can do about that so I don't count it against the hotel because it's excellent in every other way. I highly recommend this hotel if you have business at UW

Room Tip: Light sleeper? Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went to the University of Wisconsin for Homecoming and stayed here and really had the best time since the location is perfect, the service is excellent and they will even drive you to anywhere in Madison with their Hotel Excalade/SUV- and they will pick you up after a night on State Street! Too Good not to try it, and the lobby bar is excellent!

Room Tip: If you want the best in Madison with a different type of upscale new hotel- try this place for sure!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us over Homecoming. I hope you were able to enjoy your trip back to Madison. I’m glad to hear you made good use of our shuttle, we love taking guests around to all the great spots Madison has to offer.

If you ever need anything over a future stay please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks for the great review and I hope you have a great rest of fall.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I don't know what I can add to the other positive reviews. After 5 nights in Door County B&Bs, we were ready to switch gears to a modern hotel in the city - and HotelRED was perfect! We love boutique hotels and have stayed in several great ones in NY and Chicago, and were excited when we found HotelRED online while planning our first visit to Madison. Loved the location amidst the campus. All the staff were so friendly. Jyothi was SO helpful - drove us to Monona Terrace/Capitol area in the shuttle and offered good tips for meals, shops, etc. which were right on target to what we like :) We didn't realize until we got home that we'd been upgraded from a King Executive to a Premier Studio - thank you! It was a fabulous room (317) with a great view onto the stadium. Very pleasantly surprised to find free parking at the hotel; totally unexpected. Bar staff very pleasant and breakfast at Wise very good. We both loved the shower and the décor. We will absolutely be back!

Room Tip: Room 317 is a premier studio looking over Camp Randall stadium.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for staying with us at the end of your Wisconsin voyage. We truly appreciate all the nice things you said about us, especially regarding Jyothi. Jyothi has been with us since day one and is a true asset. I can safely say she knows Madison better than anyone I know.

Please let me know if you’re ever in Madison again, I can do whatever it takes to make your stay even better. Have a great fall and thanks again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My sister in laws and myself stayed at HotelRED a few weekends ago and had a wonderful time! We were celebrating my upcoming birthday and the RED employees were fantastic! First time there and not the last! We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite which was great. Loved everything about the hotel, room and staff!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for not only staying with us but for writing such a nice review. It sounds like you had a great birthday celebration at HotelRED!

I am delighted to hear you were treated well by our team. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff.

If you ever need anything over a future stay please let me know, I’d love to help out however I can. Thanks again and have a wonderful rest of fall.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at HotelRED earlier this year for a special occasion and have been back a number of times for other events. Great rooms, great food and cocktails, and the level of service is outstanding. Ray and Kayla especially went out of their way to make our visits special.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends