“Family Wedding, Fun and Friendly Hotel”
Review of HotelRED

HotelRED
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Mequon, Wisconsin
“Family Wedding, Fun and Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed in the Capitol suite for 2 nights for a family wedding...modern decor, roomy, quiet, clean, great shower, comfortable bed and pillows and black out curtains for a great nights sleep. Loved the weekend! Enjoyed the large balcony for drinks at night and coffee in the morning. All staff was extremely friendly and helpful throughout our visit! Comfortable seating outside where our family met after the rehearsal dinner for cocktails and laughs! Breakfast for 2 mornings was excellent...the food served was all locally purchased and prepared to perfection! I would recommend HotelRED for sure!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vkadventure
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad you hear you enjoyed the hotel so much. It sounds like you were able to make the best of the room by having people over.

Thank you as well for the kind comments about our staff. It is great to hear that everyone was friendly and helpful.

If you ever in Madison again please let me know, we’d love to make your stay even better.

Jason Ilstrup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights and loved it! It is a very clean hotel with big rooms and good size bathroom. The WIFI connection worked perfectly from the room. Parking is also included in the price of the room, which is a nice touch.
Check in and check out went very fast and smooth. When checking in you will get some chocolate with your key room also, which to me translated into a nice and warm Welcome!
My room faced the back of the hotel and it did not have a balcony, but I did not need one. It was very quiet and I really appreciated that after the long and hectic days I spent in Madison. You will notice the contemporary design from the moment you look at the building to the every tiny detail in the room. The restaurant had a decent selection of breakfast offerings at a good price for a boutique hotel. Everybody was very polite and helpful. People were genuine and they really wanted guests to feel welcome while staying at the hotel.
I will definitely stay here again if I will need to spend few days in Madison in the future. The price, the atmosphere, the friendly staff and the location are perfect! Thank you for turning a hectic and busy business trip to Madison into a nice and pleasant memory!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for your kind review. I cannot wait to pass your comments on to our team. It is great to hear that our team is doing a wonderful job. We are very lucky to have them.

Thanks again for staying with us. If you’re even in Madison again please let us know, we’d love to make your stay even better (and get you more of the great chocolates from Mauries!).

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I stayed at HotelRED for a conference in June 2013. The lobby is very modern and the Hotel bar has above average food. My bartender was very friendly. The rooms were incredible-nicest shower I've seen in a hotel. Fully stocked bar with snacks. The hotel is convenient to bus lines and an awesome bike share program across the street. It is a short walk to campus. I enjoyed my stay and am looking forward returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for the kind review. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel for your conference. I am also happy that you had a chance to use the B-Cycles. They are a wonderful way to get around Madison.

Please let me know when you stay with us again, we’d love to make your stay even better.
Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you have a wonderful fall.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed one night, passing thru Madison. Very modern building, easy to miss when driving by, look for the red balconies. Warehouse type feel on hallways, exposed concrete and HVAC. Lobby, front desk and bar/restaurant are modern, trendy, hip feel. Room was awesome! King room, very large, comfy,low to the floor bed. Designer shower with multiple shower heads, roomy. Nice amenities. Kitchen with microwave. Roomy seating area and big screen tv. Balcony could easily fit eight people. Nice view of bike path. Chocolates from down the street at check in. Free membership to local bike program. Excellent restaurants within walking area. Only negative, hallway carpets could use a scrub. Staff very friendly!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great comments about your recent stay. We are so thankful for both the feedback and your decision to stay with us. I will make sure to let the staff know how friendly you thought they were.

Thanks you as well for your comments on the hallway carpet. We are already working to ensure they are perfectly clean.

Please let me know if you ever stay at HotelRED again – we’d love to make your stay even better.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of the best places to stay in Madison.
Clean, modern and great location.
Think boutique version of the Westin chain W.
We stayed in a 2 bdrm suite which was very spacious including a large balcony perfect for game day.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious and have a huge balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Roger E
Thank you very much for both staying with us and your wonderful review. We are very appreciative. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed our 2 bedroom suite. It is a great room no matter when you’re stay.

If there is any way I can make your stay better on a future trip please let me know.
I hope you have a wonderful week and thanks again.

Grafton, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Really neat looking with the modern furnishings, in a poured cement buidling.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Great beds and pillows. Nice and quiet, but maybe not when something happens accross the street.
Right acrosss the street from Camp Randall. This would be a great place to be on a game weekend.
Warning, no pool, but they have an excercise room on 1st floor. Unfortunately, it opened the day I was checking out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I live in Madison and we wanted to do a stay-cation for our anniversary. We had never stayed at Hotel Red and thought we should give it a shot. The facility is great - very modern and there is free parking. The rooms seem spacious and the ideal view would be of the stadium. One thing that stood out is how friendly all of the Hotel staff were. We had a great experience with the front desk representative, the bartenders, and our server at breakfast. If you get a chance, make sure you have breakfast and get the potatoes... just unreal.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels facing the stadium have the best views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple