“Great hotel!”
Review of HotelRED

HotelRED
Ranked #13 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We were in Madison last week for some medical appointments. Stayed at HotelRed for 2 nights. What a great hotel! We loved the modern decor. We had the standard King room. Very spacious. Really comfy bed with nice linens. The room felt very clean. Nice lounge chair with ottoman. Large desk with a great chair. Plenty of counter space to lay your bags on. Great flat screen tv. Each room also has a full kitchenette with stove, dishwasher, microwave and sink, and Keurig coffee maker. Very nice. We loved the bathroom. Really pretty and nice to use. The shower is awesome. 8 heads! The room was quiet. We would definitely stay here again. Really unique place. There are some really nice shops/galleries within a minute's walk of this hotel. Also, a new, modern Trader Joes about a block away. The football stadium is caddy corner from the hotel. The hotel was easy to get to.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bloomcrew

Reviewed June 2, 2012

In May, I stayed at HotelRED to celebrate my birthday with my husband, sister, and brother-in-law and had an amazing time! We all did! We stayed in the Regent 2 master suite on the 4th floor and were taken aback at how fabulous the hotel, restaurant, and our suite was! We loved how modern it was. We were greeted with a pineapple lemonade cocktail which we enjoyed on the enormous deck – what a view! Then had dinner and drinks down at The Wise Restaurant in the hotel which was really fun trying the different small plates and unique cocktails. The mac & cheese and flour-less chocolate cake were awesome... and the pomme frites and  "On Madison" cocktail were huge hits with the guys! The living area in our suite was a perfect place to just hang out after dinner and enjoy being in such a luxurious suite. What a unique place – we would definitely go back sometime and hope that Madison discovers what a unique spot it is, too!

Room Tip: We recommend the Regent 2-bedroom suite (room 401). Since it's on the top floor and on the corne...
2  Thank BFlosi
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hands down, best hotel I've ever stayed in. Free wifi, clean modern rooms, perfectly located in town, amazing beds, out-of-this-world shower, pet-friendly.

Only bad thing is the parking; it's a little small and tight.

Cannot say enough great things about this hotel. I plan to take photos of the room so I can redecorate my own house! That's the ultimate compliment, right?!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saravanwinkle
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review; it means a lot to all of us at HotelRED. I will pass on your kind comments to everyone on our team.

Please let me know how I can help with redecorating your house. I can take photos or help with any information you may need.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope you have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Conveniently located across from UW stadium, HotelRed is a cute little boutique hotel in red. Love the shower (of course, Wisconsin is the home of Kohl) and the FULL KITCHEN (yes, with refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher & stove!!), plus Trader Joe's is just across the street, too!! The floor is cemented, so feels a bit cold (can't imagine during the winter), but feels very clean. Love the bed & HD TV was also great. And of course, free Wi-Fi. It's restaurant "Wise" is also very good and receives numerous great reviews on local magazines. We had a nice dinner with friends after the graduation.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank glorifiber

We all appreciate your recent stay at HotelRED. Thank you as well for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. It sounds like you made the most of the hotel while you were here. Next time you’re at HotelRED check with the Front Desk and they will give you a pair of slippers to help with the cement floors.

If you ever need anything over a future stay please let me know. I hope you have a great summer.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed one night while traveling with dog. Located directly across from Randall Stadium. Grass available across a busy intersection, and plenty of walking trails to take the dog. Hotel is very modern, clean, "chic", very cool.. Room was very large with large couch, king bed, balcony that had a table and chairs, and the coolest bathroom ever. The shower is everything people say and then some... Rainfall shower head, body jets, and a hand wand. So,so,so nice, best shower ever. The food in the hotel lounge was spectacular. Short ribs and scallops were spectacular, and the martini's didn't hurt one bit. Would definitely stay here again. Would make this a stop on my way,even if it was out of the way. This hotel is just awesome, and we(dog) loved it.

Room Tip: Get a larger room, definitely worth the little pay increase
2  Thank Bulldogtraveler10

Thank you very much for both your recent stay and your kind review. It sounds like you and your dog really enjoyed the trip. If you’re ever in Madison again please let me know how I can help. I hope you have a wonderful beginning of summer.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

What a pleasant surprise my wife and I encountered when staying at HotelRED in Madison, this weekend. The rooms were spacious, modern and spectacular. The bed was so comfortable, and the shower head was to die for. I'd hate to have to pay their water bill. With multiple shower heads and water hitting you from top to bottom, I stayed in far to long (LOL).

The restaurant, "The Wise" was a homerun as well. My wife and I, our son and girlfriend went to lunch there todayand the food was excellent, while being moderately priced.

To close I must also comment on a staff that bends over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. I guess I would call this a boutique hotel and why would you stay anywhere else while in Madison? HotelRED is a homerun!!!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 305, great view of Camp Randal Stadium (across the street) from a wonderful balcon...
1  Thank RodBeaudoin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have stayed at HotelRed twice now both for 1 night stays and very much enjoyed it both times. The staff is very friendly and professional. The décor modern and fun but not cold, the rooms massive with lots of room to spread out. The kitchenette would be a lot of fun for longer stays but I have not had the chance to really partake. My two favorite features are the beds, amazingly comfortable and inviting. You will never want to leave. And the shower, a rain fall shower head with 6 horizontal shower-heads and wand. Basically it has every comfort you should want, weather you need to be woken up in the morning or massaged after a long hard day.
The location is great for Badger game days if you can get it, but I am sure you should be ready for the crowds and your right next to Mickey’s which should never be missed. Overall I enjoyed both my stays and plan on staying again the next time I am in Madison. As I said before the hotel is modern spacious and welcoming, and the only hard part is getting out of bed in the morning to enjoy all the fun that is Madison.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo