“Hotel Red/Most accommodating hotel.”
Review of HotelRED

HotelRED
Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Minneapolis
“Hotel Red/Most accommodating hotel.”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Our stay at Hotel Red was, by far, one of the best experiences we have had at a hotel. The entire staff, at every level, was very courteous, pleasant, friendly and efficient. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you very much for both staying with us at HotelRED and your kind words about our staff. I will certainly let everyone know what you said. They always love hearing what guests have to say. If you’re ever in Madison again please don’t hesitate to let me know if you need anything at all. I hope you have a great week.

Jason Ilstrup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
South Dakota
Reviewed May 11, 2012

HotelRed, one night for business. Interesting hotel, much like the W hotel with bare concrete floors and ceilings, which gave off an acrid wet concrete smell which was somewhat annoying. The floor grew cold, with outside temperatures in the upper fifties. My location overlooking Monroe Street was noisy with the morning and evening rush hour traffic, trucks and buses.

The staff was overwhelmingly courteous and helpful. The item that really irritated me was the fact that all news channels, MSNBC CNN, CNNHLN, and Fox were listed, however on the 3 flat screen tv's in my room none of them would receive a signal for Fox, even though it was listed on the channel menu in the room. A technical glitch or deliberate attempt to censor the news in this great city?

I will leave that for future discussion. Overall an average hotel, but I think I would have rather had double points at the downtown Hilton!

Room Tip: Warm weather? I would choose a room (odd number) on the Monroe street side, despite some minor traf...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gwilliams901
Jason I, General Manager at HotelRED, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you very much for both your recent stay at HotelRED and your feedback. I want to personally apologize for not meeting your expectations. All of the issues during your stay were within our control and therefore we must do a better job of quickly solving the problems. In particular we were experience problems with two television channels, including FOX, throughout the week. We were able to resolve the issue by the end of the week (an issue with the floodgate) but it still interrupted your stay and for that I am sorry.

If you ever need anything in the future please let me know personally. I hope you have a wonderful summer and thank you again for staying with us.

Jason Ilstrup
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I truly enjoy staying at boutique hotels and HotelRED is a winner! From the pleasant staff at the front desk...big shout outs to Jyothi and Jessie to the overall design, decor and esthetics of this establishment, HotelRED should be highly considered when planning a visit to Madison, WI.
Carefully tucked away in a residential neighborhood near Camp Randall StadiumHotelRED is located on popular Monroe Street, which offers a plethora of shopping, dining options and things to do and see.
My room was fantastic! I stayed in the King Executive, which was artfully decorated with modern furniture and clean lines coupled with the signature red, black and white color palette which made the room welcoming and warm. This room had a kitchenette-dishwasher, fridge, etc which blended seamlessly with the room's decor.
I found the hotel to be quiet (Mid April), the personnel from the housekeeping staff to the front desk to be professional and caring and the overall aura of the hotel peaceful and serene.
Without hesitation or reservation-no pun intended-I highly recommend HotelRED to be the 'it' hotel in Madison, WI.
Just to give full disclosure, I did luck up and find this hotel on Jettsetters, so my room rate was discounted however, because of my positive experience I would pay full price for my room if I was to return to Madison, WI.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Moorhead, Minnesota
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We pulled into the parking lot during an extremely busy time, and had not checked in yet. The valet attendant told us that he already had our name and would provide free valet service. I don't usually find free parking at higher-end hotels like this. When we checked in, the front desk staff was very friendly, and offered us free candy (red gummy bears, etc.) and also a complimentary adult beverage (some red vodka drink). The room was incredible. The floors and ceilings are all concrete, and the decorations are extremely modern and unique. We had a King executive, but it had plenty of space for two of us. The shower is very large and had multiple jets for a full-body experience. The free shuttle service is first-class. The driver took us to State Street in a full-size black Suburban, and he was extremely friendly. When we came back, we checked out the Wise lounge for a couple drinks, and the service was top-notch there as well. Even the mini-bar in the room was not over-the-top expensive. I actually thought the prices were fairly reasonable compared to standard mini-bar prices. I booked this room online for $179 at a AAA rate, and it was probably one of the best hotel values I've ever received. We will definitely try to stay hear again whenever we come to Madison.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank siouxspuds
marsfield, wi
Reviewed April 29, 2012

The HotelRED is a brand new boutique hotel across the street from Camp Randall Stadium, immediately adjacent to Mickey's Diner and on the biking/hiking trail. We toured State Street for the restaurants and stores. The hotel gave us a shuttle ride to the beginning of the strip. We made arrangements for them to pick us up after our show at the Overture Center, about 1.5 miles from the hotel. Unfortunately they overcommitted but they paid for a Green taxi (a Prius only company) to drive us back. We only waited about 2 minutes!
The hotel has spared no expense on furnishings. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with a large balcony and fully equiped kitchen. The shower was incredible with more knobs and whistles than I could figure out! The towels and bedding were luxurious. The style is quite modern - chrome and steel, with red accents. I loved it.
The Wise is the hotel's restaurant and bar. The drinks and food were great. The service attentive without being overbearing.
My recommendation is to check out this hotel now, before it gets too popular to reserve a room!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I attended a business conference at Monona Terrace Convention Center April 20-21 and had a heck of a time finding a hotel with space available. I ended up at HotelRED and was just glad to have a room somewhere.

The decor is hip, modern, and in my opinion - trying way too hard. But that's a matter of personal preference. I admit I was inwardly rolling my eyes at the 80s, black/white/red motif (which granted is executed in a very 'hip' fashion and is appropriate given the campus location). BUT THEN.

I slept in a super comfortable bed on some of the best pillows ever. Woke in the morning to a 'tower shower' with adjustable massagers. Dried off with soft, sumptuous, thick towels. And had a cup of coffee so delicious, when I got home I bought KCups of that brand.

The staff is friendly and enthusiastic, there are nice 'extras' like complimentary vodka lemonade and chocolates on check-in, and the facility is NEW (front desk personnel said it was built 4 years ago but they were then "on hiatus" so they had just opened fall 2011), super clean, and super quiet.

There is a bar/restaurant I didn't try, free on-site parking, and if you're going anywhere on campus or on the isthmus the location is great.

Room Tip: Executive suite (their smallest suite) comes with a kitchenette complete with fridge, microwave, 2-b...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I travel to Madison often for business, and attended undergrad in the university as well. The location of HotelRed in Madison cannot be beat if you are attending a football game. The suite I stayed in had a balcony that faced Camp Randall, which is a dream for anyone going to a Badger football game. The hotel is very new and has a very upscale feeling to it. The staff is very friendly. The parking for the hotel is right underneath the building, and especially convenient for those who have tried to park near Camp Randall on a football Saturday. The rooms are very nicely appointed with new appliances, a very comfortable bed, and modern fixtures. The shower in the bathroom is amazing. Overall, this is a great hotel and I would recommend it to anyone attending any university function or business.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the suites that have a balcony.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business