“excellent food and service”
Review of 8 Seasons Grille - CLOSED

8 Seasons Grille
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I've been to 8 Seasons Grille several times for dinner and always been very pleased. Recently a friend and I decided to try their lunch menu. We shared fish tacos and the beef brisket sandwich. Both were exceptionally good and the prices were extremely modest for the quality and the quantity of food. The flavors were well balanced and the fish/meat was moist and tender. Each came with an option of an included salad. Our greens were very fresh with a tasty currant pistachio vinaigrette. 8 Seasons is a special place away from the central city with some sidewalk dining. Their menu changes quite often.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I took a break from Art Fair On The Square and walked a few blocks over to 8 Seasons for lunch. We've been here a number of times before and consider this one of our "safe places", a place where you know you're always going to have a great dining experience.

Because of the lovely weather, we decided to sit outside on their cozy patio and started off with drinks--a Key Lime Pie (vanilla vodka, muddled lime and cream) for my wife and a Pinot Grigio for me. My wife then ordered the Cedar Plank Salad which is a large salad with loads of tender salmon, a meal in itself while I ordered the Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Bisque soup with the Knoche's Burger on a pretzel bun.

My wife claims that the salmon was to die for and she was so emotional about it that she had to order another Key Lime Pie to calm herself down. I don't normally eat red meat but I must say that the Knoche's Burger was one of the best burgers that I have had in a long while and would order it again. Also, you can never go wrong with their tomato bisque soup--just a great start to any meal.

The food here is always excellent no matter what you order, the prices are reasonable and the wait staff is always friendly and prompt. We can't say enough good things about this jewel.

1  Thank Popdani K
Reviewed August 23, 2012

You have to walk a little ways from the Capital to get here, but it is worth it. I had the grilled salmon which was delicious, although I do prefer to have it cooked through more, I know that's not the preferred way to serve it so I should have mentioned this, but the piece was big enough that the thinner edge was cooked just as I like it. It had a delightful subtle herb flavor accompanied by wonderfully seasoned cucumbers. My husbands dish looked (and tasted) amazing, a grilled chicken with tomatoes and spinach. I would definitley go back. Oh, and Yes, "Kelly" - great service too!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

There were 8 people in our group. Every dish was delicious! Great service, very relaxing atmosphere. Look forward to dining there again.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

My son recently got his first job in Madison. I was there two weekends to help move in and bring loads of stuff from our garage (yea!) We ate lunch there one weekend and dinner there the next. Bothe times the food was fresh, well prepared and interesting. I had an ABC sandwich (instead of BLT) Avocado, Bacon and Chicken. It was delicious. My son and husband had egg sandwiches that they said were perfectly done and really good. (for some reason they love egg sandwiches and order them where ever we go) We also had the Roasted pepper tomato bisque soup-excellent. At dinner I had the chicken marsala and my friend and her daughter had the risotto--they loved it.

It's a few short block away from the capitol. This means it's much more quiet and relaxed. They have nice indoor and outdoor dining. My son's apartment is just a few blocks away so I know when we visit him we will also be visiting here.