“Save your money!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Bakeries in Madison
Algonquin, Illinois
“Save your money!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Was excited about our trip to GiGi's cupcakes and then we got there. Walking in it was cute. 2 ladies standing behind the counter and they both just stared at us. We were looking through the case of cupcakes to see what we wanted and asked one of the ladies what they suggested and we got "they are all good". OK so much for that help. We picked out 3 cupcakes and the lady as she was boxing up our item was telling us our total like she couldn't care less or couldn't wait for us to get out of the shop. Seriously lacking customer service at this location. Quality of cupcakes were fair and overwhelming amount of icing. Won't be back and will make sure to tell others not to go as well. Not worth it. The building was cute and fun but lacked personality by staff.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Ally L

Madison, Wisconsin
“Friendly spot for an afternoon break”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I suspect I only visit this location so often due to the close proximity to my office. But, the staff are wonderfully friendly; and on a sunny afternoon, their patio tables are a nice spot for a sweet treat and iced coffee break. The mini box has gone over well as an office treat or last minute addition to a potluck dinner with friends.

• Visited July 2014
“Disrespectful Service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have gone to this establishment about a half dozen times the past couple of years always hoping their product is better but you always get dry cake with too much overly sweet frosting. The rude service yesterday will not be forgotten, and I won't be back. I brought my toddler to their shop during trick or treating. This was his first so we were having a good time. The comment we got from them when we walked up was "Pick out daddies favorite" completely serious with a look. Really I take my kid trick or treating for a dime candy bar. This was a 50ish lady probably owner and not a kid. I was in shock and just left. Don't give these people the time of day for their poor product which obviously matches their character.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bigchad13
M
“Lots of icing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Get the salted Carmel. It is filed with Carmel inside the chocolate cake. You won't be disappointed in the potion size.

• Visited August 2013
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Gluten Free Cupcakes!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love this place - both gluten free and regular cupcakes are amazing! I realize that they can not guarantee that the cupcakes have not been contaminated with gluten and since I am choosing to eat this way for health and not for an allergy - it works out perfectly!

It is a special treat for my husband and I and I can't thank them enough for supporting gluten free options.

• Visited July 2013