“Special Gift At Family Christmas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Magnuson Grand Hotel

Magnuson Grand Hotel
Ranked #50 of 61 Hotels in Madison
Howards Grove
“Special Gift At Family Christmas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We decided to hold our Family Christmas In Madison WI this year. We spent a weekend checking our the Hotels. At the Magnuson Grand Hotel, we met the General Manager Aaron. We told him what we were looking for. We needed (5) rooms for (2) nights. Santa gave us an early Christmas Present. That being Aaron & The Magnuson Hotel. From the first time we came in to check things out, Aaron took us under his wing to make sure everything was right .From before we got there, to check-in and throughtout our stay. He accepted our family as his & was there for all our needs. When Aaron was not there Kevin was there , he too was tremendous. What a God-Send those two were. The facility, rooms, breakfast were great .From the front desk to room associates, everyone was so pleasant and concerned on what our needs were. A treasure Is awaiting you at The Magnuson Grand Hotel Madison WI

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SueBobK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Don't think I've ever been to a hotel that offered 24-hour access to their pool and jacuzzi which was amazing after arriving late and thrilled to be able to relax and enjoy it. The beds were comfortable, room spacious and clean, front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed the hot breakfast items, fresh blueberries and rasberries and yogurt! Will be our only hotel destination in Madison!

Room Tip: Easy access off the Interstate and 12/18
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank SEB62677
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We check in and enjoyed the pool the kids love to swim. The room was very nice and clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great we all started are day happy and got back on the road. The staff was friendly and we had no troubles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank familytimes2012
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I would like to thank the staff for all of their assistance during our stay. We booked the Magnuson for our wedding guests to stay following our wedding reception. And they truly bent over backwards to take care of our guests, especially the manager, Aaron. He ensured that all of our guests had transportation, on behalf of the hotel to and from our event at the times we requested. We were never told "no" or "that wasn't and option," the staff at the Magnuson always made it happen! The housekeeping staff did an excellent job with our rooms and we could be more impressed. Would definitely recommend and use this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank CCS83
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked for my daughters wedding, and continually needed more rooms, which they came up with and also endured all of our early check ins. They also took us to and from our wedding.
I left my camera there when we left and of course it was left with Aaron the manager. Can't say enough about how nice they all are. Clean, reasonable, friendly, helpful. We will be back

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank H F
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here for second time last Sat and Sun. Mainly went there for two or three reasons. First off, it is a short walk to Ho Chunk casino, it has a very nice and clean indoor pool and whirlpool that stays open 24 hrs, and because the accomodations are pretty nice for a reasonable price.

The staff was very helpful, including giving comps to casino, and making sure the continental breakfast was well stocked and cleaned the area nicely. We did not see any breakfast mests at all, not sure we missed them or got there when they had to restock maybe. All else was very good for free breakfast!

If you ride a Harley, there is a pretty nice HD dealer right next door. At night, a nice little walk over to window shop there was interesting. A steak joint is down the road, and though we did not go there to eat, it seemed busy Sat night.

The casino is okay, not the largest or classiest, and the grill there serves up good food and a lot for reasonable prices. They were a little slow though.

Sun morn after breakfast we were going to hit the whirlpool(hotub) again because we both had sore and tight backs and muscles, but the twenty or so young jerks who crowded into it after we got out about 10:45 pm, had polluted it too much and the staff wisely closed it until cleaned. Not typical guests and thinking they were partying before heading back to colkege or something.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank blumaninwi
La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I had one of the most horrific experiences I have ever had at this hotel. I booked a whirlpool suite, and upon turning it on, the whirlpool jet water smelled like sewage and began spraying black flakes/goo into the water. Allow I jumped out quickly, I still spent 30 mins washing this out of my hair. It was absolutely disgusting. When I went down to the desk to complain, I was told I would have my money refunded to me in the morning. Come morning, I was told I would have my money money refunded to me on Monday (3 days later). And was treated with horrible customer service. I was being very nice and the front desk manager just seemed to want to argue with me. Even though I was offered both of my nights for free I left the next day due to the poor conditions of the hotel and the horrible customer service. I stayed on July 19th and I have yet to receive my money back for either of the nights. Very disappointing. This hotel is not worth the money.

Room Tip: My tip would be to stay at the Courtyard Madison East around the same price, you will have a much be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple