Magnuson Grand Hotel
$205
$184
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Madison - Downtown(Madison)(Great Value!)
$95
ComfortInn
Super 8 Madison South(Madison)(Great Value!)
$68
The Edgewater(Madison)
$199
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sheraton Madison Hotel(Madison)(Great Value!)
$87
Sheraton.com
Best Western East Towne Suites(Madison)(Great Value!)
$86
$74
Travelocity
All reviewsho chunk casinofamily christmasmatch playasked the desk clerkfavorite roompaint jobnice continental breakfasthot tubson's weddingwafflesfelt like homebiscuits and gravygreat ratemorning breakfastmadison wiaverage hotelgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I just spent 2 nights at Hotel. Thought it was very nice and CLEAN. Staff very helpful. Even though hotel is right by the interstate and my room faced that direction, had no noise problem.
Parking lot access was more that sufficient. Shuttle bus service is available but I did not need to use it.
Breakfast items offered in the morning were a nice plus as there really are no close restaurants to hotel.
All in all, very nice accomodations. Thanks

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor may be quieter especially if you have room with view of interstate.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Spent one night here and thoroughly enjoyed stay. My room was a king size room with couch, coffee table, desk, frig, microwave, coffee pot, hair dryer, safe. It was roomy, clean and nicely decorated. It's easy access off of the freeway. We used the pool for 7 year old and he loved it!! There are a few tables in pool area as well as lounge chairs. We spent a couple hours at pool relaxing and catching up with family. The breakfast area is very large so could be a nice meeting area during non-breakfast times as well. I saw they sold beverages at the front desk. Many places to order delivery food as well. Computer area for guests also had other business related items for those in need..printer, etc. Saw sign for workout room but didn't look. It was quiet in the halls. Will definitely stay here again when the need arises to visit Madison again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I can't say enough about this wonderful hotel. The rooms were clean and large and included microwave and refrigerator, the beds comfortable, showers wonderful. There was a nice pool and whirlpool. And the property had a lot of grassy area with picnic tables where the kids could run and play. Staff was friendly and helpful.

In addition, they offered a complete breakfast included...waffles, scrambled eggs, the whole bit.

I was a little hesitant to book this hotel because it wasn't a name I had heard and the price was in the $60 range. I was so happy I did! Don't hesitate, book a room with this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Although listed as "Grand Hotel Madison" in Trip Advisor, this hotel is actually named Magnuson Grand Hotel Madison.

While looking for a place to stay near the Ho Chunk casino in Madison, I located this place as there is not much around this area (where Route 12 meets I-90/I-39). After reading the reviews, I started my booking, finding that I could get a even better rate by joining the Magnuson Star Club that provided me a promo code to use for future bookings.

I went to the casino before checking in, but was told when checking in, they could have called the casino to shuttle me over there. I was greated by Aaron (the general manager) who was working at the front desk that Saturday afternoon (he was also there when I left Sunday morning). He informed me of when the breakfast was and that they can cook you a pizza (for $10) at the front desk. He also had a menu on display from a local pizzeria that would deliver pizzas and other food. I opted to call and have the local pizzaria deliver.

The room was quite large and in some hotels might actually call a "junior suite" as it had the bed area and then a separate sitting area with sofa(bed) and coffee table. The room had a TV (surprisingly not flat-screen) and a small fridge. The bathroom was clean and had nicer than usual shampoo & soap. They must have towels being taking by guests, as there was also a price list of these if you wanted to buy them from housekeeping.

The included continental breakfast was in a large area off the lobby and included hot items including eggs and biscuits and gravy. Besides the usual breads and cereals, there was also a waffle station and some fruits including a bowl of raspberries & blueberries that were still cold (from being frozen) but a pleasant surprise.

The stay overall was excellent, and I would definitely consider staying there again if I am up in the Madison area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cubfan63
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at this hotel when in Madison on business. This is my second time staying here, and I will return again. I selected this hotel originally due to it's proximity to the company I was visiting on business, and secondly, because of the great rate it offered on an upscale suite.

I stayed in one of the Jacuzzi suites. These have a King bed, separate sofa and chair, small fridge and microwave, and a two person oversized jacuzzi tub in a second room of the main. There is also a standard bathroom with shower and vanity as well.

PLUS:
Very large room, with the huge jacuzzi tub to relax in at the end of the day, or to play in if traveling with another.
Fridge and microwave to allow you to have snacks or drinks, or to store perishable medicines if you are a diabetic.
Very comfortable bed with lots of pillows.
Good location just off the interstate.
Low rates for a suite - paid only $16 more per day for a jacuzzi suite, than nearby hotels or motels were asking for a standard room.

NEGATIVES:
Internet Access was free and wireless, but the signal strength was poor in my room, making connections slow.
A/C was rather noisy when running, but room temp was comfortable even with outside temps at zero.
Poor lighting in room - could use higher wattage bulbs in one or two of the desk lamps.

Room Tip: Look for the Jacuzzi room specials if staying more than two nights. Or even specials on single night stays. In Jan '12 - $67 per night vs 48-50 at nearby hotels for standard room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business