“DOG friendly!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Ranked #32 of 63 Hotels in Madison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days in Jan-14. It is a decent hotel for the price you pay. Rooms are as good as some other hotel rooms which are more expensive. However they must increase the options in breakfast offered.

Staff at the hotel is good and flexible, they dropped me few times to my workplace.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
chicago
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband and I travel to Madison every year for a convention at the Alliant center. This year we decided to try a new hotel. Compared to other hotels of the same price range, this one is just OK. It was easy to find off of the highway and had easy access into Madison. The hotel is also close to major shopping mall with lots of places to eat. The room was very comfortable. The bed was comfortable and the room had a nice seating area. However, the bathroom especially the bathtub was not very clean. The pool facilities were great - just the right temp for a refreshing dip in the large pool or relaxing dunk in the whirlpool. But, pool towels were not always available. It is nice that breakfast is included, but it's not much. Plus, when we were there neither the waffle maker or the toaster were working due to electrical issues in the breakfast room. This hotel would be great for business trips even has a bar open during the weekday only.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tinamf79
Nekoosa, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on January 17, 2014, as we were leaving for a cruise at 6am Saturday morning to get our ship in Puerto Rico. I just happened to be checking hotels close to the airport, and La Quinta popped up. I never knew this hotel was here!
We checked in about 7pm, and then did a dry run to the airport. The girl at check-in was so nice, and very customer service oriented. When we came back to the hotel, I received a call our flights had been cancelled, so I was on the phone with the airlines for a good 45 minutes while they re-booked us. I was so stressed by the time I was done on the phone, and the girl at the desk was just so nice and understanding, she calmed me right down.
When we were leaving in the morning, another nice checkout person watched our luggage for us so we could get the car warmed up. We talked for a while, and I told her how impressed I was with the hotel. It is so clean, so well decorated, it just doesn't look like your typical La Quinta. We would definitely stay there again!Mainly, because of the excellent customer service we received!

Room Tip: We had a room right on the first floor. That was really nice, and the hotel was so quiet, we never h...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pocketmama56
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We've been staying at this hotel for several years as a half way stopping point. We stayed here twice during the holiday season. It use to be a great deal, cheap price for a nice, new hotel. It is showing it's age and is going to end up not being such a stellar deal. And I know the breakfast is not the reason you stay here, but really it was the pits.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The fire alarm went off at 3am -- not for a fire, but because some water pipe broke. A few minutes later it was off.

Because of the water issues we woke up to no running water in our room. After calling the front desk, they said they were going to, "turn it back on." Once the water was running, it was brown. 10 or 20 minutes later the folks at the front desk must have figured it out -- or it figured itself out -- and we were back to clear water.

Water issues meant no breakfast bar in the morning. No explanation or apology was give for any of these things, just some very curt responses from the front desk.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Grass Lake, Michigan
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Had a problem with the heat in my room but someone came and fixed it within minutes of me calling the front desk. Everyone was friendly and the hotel was clean. The king room was spacious. The breakfast was good. My only complaint was water pipe noise when the people next to me were showering.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo