“Great For A Short Stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Madison American Center
Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed July 12, 2008

My family and I travelled to Madison to visit the UW- Madison Campus and needed a nice, inexpensive hotel, and the La Quinta Inn was a perfect fit. We booked the hotel because it was the top rated hotel in Madison, and for good reasons. The hotel was easy to find and check in was prompt. The hotel was probably the cleanest chain hotel I have ever stayed in. I did not feel grossed-out or disgusted at any point in my stay here. Our $120 room was surprisingly large, with COMFORTABLE furniture! The pool/ hot tub area was great, and the lobby had a bar and big screen T.V., along with a cozy place to sit and relax. The hotel also has a guest computer for your use, great touch. Make sure you get to the breakfast early, so you'll get to pick from their whole selection, which is pretty good. The hotel is also located a few miles out of downtown, but in a good business neighborhood with many restaurant choices nearby. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for a weekend stay, families, and business travelers.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed June 29, 2008

Booked this hotel because of the other reviews and wasn't disappointed. I've traveled a lot thru the US and would have to rate this as good as any I been at, really!!

I had a whirlpool room with a sitting area and separate bedroom, very quiet, family was very comfortable - can't be faulted.One thing i liked was the reliable air con - so many hotel rooms really don't let you have much control over the temperature but this one seems to work - and allows me to sleep OK.

There's the East Towne Mall two miles away for anything you need, so the location is fine with me.

Breakfast Ok, pool was warm, pleasant staff, so pick this and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Stayed three nights in June to celebrate our anniversary in Madison. The hotel was new, well-kept and very nice. Our room had a king bed, sofa, chair, table,desk, refrigerator and microwave. Although we were right by the elevator we never heard a sound all night any night. The pool area was large and clean with a hot tub and a childrens' play area. Breakfast was adequate (hot items were waffles and bisquits with gravy-we prefer the eggs available at the Hampton).

The hotel is in a business park and is a very quiet area. We usually stay a bit closer into town on E. Washington but this hotel was almost as close. It is handy to East Towne Mall and the Eastgate Cinemas.

Our only minor complaint was that it was difficult to regulate the temperature on the wall heater/air conditioner. One had to fiddle with a dial on the unit rather than just set a temperature control on the wall as in most newer hotels. The first night we were so warm with the unit set on max cool that we called down to the desk for a fan (which they brought immediately).

Reviewed June 10, 2008

I can see why this is the number one rated hotel in Madison. We stayed here one night recently and our stay was perfect. The hotel seems very new. The common areas and rooms were immaculate. My biggest kudo for this hotel is how quiet it was. There was a young women's soccer team (or something) on our floor and our room was by the elevator and we didn't hear a thing all night long. We slept great! The breakfast was typical for a La Quinta - good, but not gourmet. But that's OK. I can't believe this room was under $100. This property is the best I've stayed at in the La Quinta chain and we've stayed at at least 5 others. AND they took our little dog too!!! You can't go wrong here. I can't even find the smallest thing to nick pick. You won't either!!

• Stayed: June 2008
2  Thank Lungfruit
Reviewed May 13, 2008

We booked here because we were travelling with our golden retriever and wanted a decent place to stay. I was a little hesitant about what the room would be like because we had a dog. It was fantastic and we would stay here again and recommend it to anybody. Even non-dog people would like this hotel and you'd never know they accept pets.

We booked a suite and enjoyed having the extra room. The non-smoking suite was very clean. You would never know that the hotel accepted pets because there were no funny smells or signs of wear and tear. The suite's living room had a sofa, chair, desk and tv. Wifi. Separate bedroom had very comfortable beds. Slept like a rock. Could hear the freeway, but it was distant and actually had a calming effect.

The interior of the hotel was very tasteful, warm and inviting. The continental breakfast was fine. The pool area and rest of hotel were clean and attractive. The hotel staff were very kind and efficient - check in and check out were completed in seconds. The front desk actually called up to our room about 10 minutes after we checked in to see if we needed anything and to make sure everything was to our liking! We spotted two other goldens during our stay and they looked like they were loving the hotel as much as ours was.

I thought the hotel was conveniently located to all locations in Madison, but you'll definitely have to drive to get to your destinations. Unlike a few other reviewers, I thought the directions to the hotel were good and we found it without any trouble. You could walk to a few nearby restaurants/sandwich places. The hotel is located in a large business park/campus setting. Good sidewalks for walking/running. Safe and pristine area. Nice landscaping. Grass was green, trees were budding, apple trees in full bloom. The business park was deserted on the weekend we stayed and we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank misszuzu
Reviewed May 8, 2008

Hotwired this hotel for $50/night. Nicest La Quinta I've seen.

Our room was a jacuzi suite with a fridge & microwave. The pool was huge & there was a nice kids play area & a hot tub. The breakfast was your standard continental plus waffles, but just fine. Location was a bit out there, but it was easy to get around because it was near main arteries & everywhere we were going was on the east side.

Staff was nice.

Nearby there was a place called Erins Snug Irish Pub which I recommend. Many varieties of beer & menu looked good.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We stayed one night at this hotel. It is by far the nicest LaQuinta I have every stayed in. It is very clean and comfortable. The decor is very pleasing. The breakfast was really good and the staff was very nice. I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with friends