“If I could give it a negative number I would”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Madison East
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This place is disgusting. Stained sheets, floor not vacuumed, holes in the walls, staff not helpful at all. You need a tenuous shot just walking inside. The place looks nice from the outside but that is just to fool you into thinking the inside is nice. The reviews that say this place is ok are the people who get the handicap rooms that are barely used- all others are terrible. Just how terrible you ask? My friend who was staying with me crawled into bed and found a butter knife in her bed- terrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay here no matter what. You think oh it's reasonably priced but do not waste your $6...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TLLL

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Although convenient to our destination, we will never stay at the E. Madison Microtel again. The room was not vacuumed, sofa was torn, walls were dirty and scuffed, trim work was falling off the wall, the room smelled of cigarette smoke, toilet seat was literally falling off, television did not work properly, remote did not work, even after being reported to hotel staff. (How could a housekeeper who should have cleaned the toilet not noticed this and reported it for repair?) We stayed in room 111 - this room needs to be gutted and totally remodeled. Immediately after check in the front desk was notified. The gentleman with whom I spoke was later identified to me as the owner of the hotel by the front desk clerk. Let me add that, at check-in, the desk clerk was involved in a loud, inappropriate exchange with a young lady in the lobby, while the owner stood behind the front desk eating - never offering a greeting. Stay away from this place!! I chose Microtel in Madison due to a very pleasant experience that I had at Microtel in Ann Arbor, MI. These two properties are worlds apart. My husband and I are disgusted, and will not be back.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Service was not bad, but the counter person needed some grooming, his shirt was inside out. There was a woman too, her T-shirt was wrinkly. The rooms were dated, curtains has holes, it was smoke free room, but it smelled like cigarettes. Towels were yellowish. Yucky place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I checked around 5 PM on a Saturday. No problems with that. Needed to inform them of my car's license plate which I momentarily forgot.

Once in the room I inspected the bathroom, the desk drawers, and various corners for dirt. Not because I cared but because of the hysterical reviews I've seen on here about various hotels. It was pretty clean. I can't remember if people told horror stories about this particular place but it was totally fine for a one night stay for $66 (including taxes) on a Saturday night. East Madison seems to roll up their sidewalks around 8 or 9 PM so that seemed odd to me.

I absent-mindedly forgot my credit card (it stuck between the check in pages used to make an imprint) and the front desk gal brought it to my room about 15 minutes later.

Shower had hot water and decent water pressure. Plenty of safety/assist bars (that I didn't need).

Bed was comfortable.

TV was analog and had basic channels. I don't recall if there was a Showtime or HBO. I watched FX, Cartoon Network, Lifetime (briefly), local station '57' and a couple of others.

A/C worked pretty well. I just needed fan (white) noise to help me sleep. Wished it was just a little louder but I slept okay.

My room was not on the highway side. I didn't notice any noise from other guests or outside.

The breakfast buffet (6:30-9:30 on Sunday) had cookies, bagels, bread, donuts, three kinds of cold cereal (I remember Froot Loops, Raisin Bran, and Corn flakes), two kinds of juice (apple, orange), 2% milk. Some apples. I think there were also mini danishes of some kind. Not sure I just grabbed a bunch of stuff to take to my room and shove in my face.

I checked out at 10:55 AM (five minutes before deadline). No problems. I might stay here again when I have money for cabs (to restaurants and a dance club) next time. Walking wasn't a issue, just time consuming.

Room Tip: Supposedly rooms on the west side are quieter as they are not adjacent to the highway and if you'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo