“Disappointed”

Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed October 14, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I do not recommend this hotel as a place to stay for any amount of time. Staff was friendly upon check-in but that was the only positive. The rooms were untidy - carpets not cleaned, hair found on pillows and sheets, and I personally had to clean the toilet to my satisfaction before use. Window looks directly onto interstate and very loud traffic all night. Bed was uncomfortable, gym was small, and nowhere to sit and make use of the complimentary breakfast. The staff member at check-out was not cooperative or helpful.
Honestly, the most unsatisfying hotel experience I have ever had.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stayed at the Micro-tel recently - 10/ 2012) I called to ask ahead of time about the hotel do they have a fitness center. I was told they do and yet when I arrived they have a weight bench but only 1 (NOT A PAIR) 1 weight that is 2lbs. This is not what I was told, I was told they have a weight bench and weights. If I had known they did not have weights I would have brought along my own but since I was told an untruth I want to advice others to be very specific about what you ask. Another challenge was when I asked for an extra towel, their towels are quite flimsy, as a girl with long hair I use a separate towel for my body and a seperate towel for my hair, it is the first time in my travels I've had to provide details of why I need one extra towel.... I did not choose this hotel I stayed for business and would not ever stay again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were there for the World Dairy expo and this was the last room they had left. It was perfect for us. It was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here, mostly because of the price. When I received my credit card statement, I found I was charged and extra $50. I called the hotel and was rudely told that it was because someone smoked in the room. I told them this had to be a mistake, seeing as neither my wife nor I have ever smoked. After getting hung up on and calling back, I got the number of the corporate office and told to complain to them. I called and told them what had happened and after a week and a half, was told that the hotel was sticking with there assessement and nothing could be done. I just worry this will happen to others, because the rooms smell like stale smoke and there are burn marks in the chair cushions. Stay away!

Room Tip: Stay away from here.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
SAYNER
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I reported the following issues upon check out. We should have asked for another room, but we had traveled all day and just wanted to sleep.
The overall appearance of the room was dirty. The carpet was not clean in corners and by door jams. The bathroom had a tile strip that had pulled away from the wall by the tub and toilet area, was cracked, moldy and we say a spider crawl out through the opening. Yuk! I worried all night about what other critters might crawl out from the bathroom crack.
So, no, sleep was not the greatest. I would never stay at another Microtel unless we first checked out the room upon arrival. Nor could I suggest Microtel to anyone else.
The desk clerk was courteous upon arrival.
I may still call the Madison, WI Board of Health about the bathroom issue.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business