“Helpful front desk!”

Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Madison
North Carolina
“Helpful front desk!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Although there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, the front desk was more than willing to provide suggestions, maps and directions to local eateries. I had a suite that was wonderful! The mini-kitchen afforded the opportunity for me to re-heat my leftover lunch for a snack during the evening. Will scope out the complimentary breakfast buffet tomorrow.

Room Tip: ask for suite if available. Lots of room to work, relax and sleep!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ClarionMadison, General Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
sodavp11,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I appreciate hearing that our staff was helpful in finding restaurant choices in the area for you.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your Suite as well. Our Suites are spacious and convenient as they are equiped with kitchen facilities.
We hope that you return to our hotel in the future.
G. Niesl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A very nice, clean, friendly hotel. We arrived late in the day as part of a group of 10 that had arrived earlier. The staff happily worked with our group so that we could all have rooms on the same floor. Considering we were all staying for just two nights, it was really nice to have an extra effort made on our behalf. Our room was huge and comfortable and clean. We enjoyed the 'cocktail hour' on Saturday night. Not an event where the room had much 'ambiance', but it gave us a chance to connect with our friends and unwind after a full day of travel. The breakfast was decent and filling, but nothing of note. I would like to give an Excellent mark in regards to the extra effort of the staff working the shuttle service. Because the hotel is not located close to State Street or the downtown area, either driving or shuttle is your means of getting to and from. As long as you worked with them for setting up times - they were VERY helpful in getting you to, and picking you up from, the downtown area. Also, they were like tour guides in dishing out local information. Very fun. Would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BeanLev,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate hearing from our guests and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for pointing out the helpfullness of the staff at the front desk. The agents really take pride in their job of assisting our guests.
We hope that you return in the tuture.
Best Regards,
G. Niesl
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I would have to begin by saying that the staff were very attentive to our groups needs. That being said, I didn't realize until the end of my stay that there were blood stands near the entry to the bathroom and in the tub. It was fairly noisy in the evening, but I think that had to do with being right next to the Ice Machine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear UNCFan919,

Thank you very much for your review. It's great to hear that our staff was so attentive!

I apologize for the noisy vending machines, and I am very sorry to hear of the stains found in your bathroom. We take this matter very seriously, and I would like to investigate the source. In order to prevent this from occurring again, I would be very appreciative if you would contact me with your room number and dates of stay at jb@clarionmadison.com. I would like to follow up with our Housekeeping Manager and have maintenance look at the ice machine.

If you are staying in the Madison area again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (608) 284-1234 ext. 6406 so that I can ensure a better experience. Thank you again!

Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was visiting for Canoecopia and this is right next door to the Alliant Energy Center. Staff was very efficient, my room was super nice and quiet. Really everything you could want at a fair price. Breakfast was just so-so, but normal for hotels these day. I stick with the fruit and yogurt and avoid the waffles and other not-so-healthy foods.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear PierreTraveler,

Thank you so much for your review! It is great to see Canoecopia each year, and I'm glad we could provide you with a comfortable, convenient room for your visit. I will definitely share your comments with all our departments. If you are interested in staying with us next year for Canoecopia, we will have a group rate again. Reservations will open in about a week, please give us a call at (608) 284-1234 and we will be happy to set one up for you.

Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This was a very nice hotel, although the rooms are very average in size. We had four of us and it was tight, but not a big deal. The breakfast was decent and everything was clean. Service was good and it was very quiet in the hotel, despite the state basketball tournament going on at the time with lots of people staying in the hotel. I would stay here again. It was a very convenient location to everything we wanted/needed to do while in Madison.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear CoolMadre,

Thank you for your review! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I am especially glad that noise was not an issue during the tournament. This is an issue that we strive to handle as effectively as possible, and it is wonderful to hear that we were able to accomplish this.

I am sorry to hear that your room was not as spacious as you would have liked. Priceline will typically reserve our standard room for you, which can be a bit small for four people. We do have other room types that accommodate up to six people (two queen beds and queen-sized sofa sleeper). If you are visiting the Madison area again, please don't hesitate to contact me at (608) 284-1234 ext. 6406 and I would be happy to set up a reservation for you!

Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed March 22, 2013

spent 2 nights at the clarion march 20th 21st one of the best stays i have had. A+ rating from us. would without a doubt stay again. very large clean suites, spotless bathroom, nice and roomy, the complimentary breakfast had a lot of different items to choose from and was good. we also relaxed in pool and hot tube. the staff from management down to the house keeping where friendly and helpful. so if you are looking for a affordable clean room and with a friendly staff the place to stay is the CLARION SUITES ON RIMROCK ROAD IN MADISON WISCONSIN!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear pokerjunkie66,

Thank you so much for your review! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We definitely want every staff member to take pride in their work, and it is wonderful that we were able to accomplish this goal. I will certainly pass on your comments to all departments. If you are returning to the Madison area, please let me know, I will be happy to make a reservation for you!

Thank you again!
waukesha,wi
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We spent one Tues. night here in late Feb. Got a great price from Priceline's value site. Check in was easy and friendly. Help with directions to a specific restaurant was right on. Room was large with queen bed, desk, two phones, tv with HBO, small fridge, microwave, sleeper sofa, makeup area separate from bathroom. Mattress was a little soft for us, but good enough. From 5:30-7:00 there is a complimentary managers reception with wine, a couple draft Miller beers, (bottled beer for $3.00) soda, water and some snack. The night we were there it was chili and raw veggies. The breakfast in the morning included scrambled eggs, hash, waffles, hot oatmeal, and cold items and juice. Big area for seating. This hotel is about 10 min. from university area and next door to the Alliant Energy Center. We'd stay again for the same rate. Did not look for or use the pool or fitness room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Joann B, Front Office Manager at Clarion Suites at the Alliant Energy Center, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear embandjhb,

Thank you so much for your compliments! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It's great that the staff was able to assist you quickly and politely, and that you found the room to be comfortable. We hope to see you again if you are back in Madison!

Thank you again!